Trying to burn 7gb .mkv to DVD

Hi all,

Please forgive if i’ve posted in the wrong thread. I’ve trawled various message boards and haven’t really found what i’m looking for.

Ok, what I have are a bunch of mkv’s ranging from approximately 4gb to 7.5gb. These mkv’s are rips of 720p / 1080i / 1080p Blu-Ray’s and HD-DVD’s.

I am usually burning 7.5gb Xbox 360 ISO’s to my Dual Layer DVD’s so it got me thinking that surely I can burn these .mkv files to DVD to watch on either my PS3 blu-ray player, or my dedicated blu-ray player in a different room. I also have an xbox 360 and a standard dvd player but i’m not sure if it’ll work on that?

I have Verbatim Dual Layer DVD+R’s.

The closest thing I came to was a program called mkv2vob but i’m not sure if that’ll do the trick? Will I be able to play in a blu-ray player?

Basically i want to be able to burn my mkv’s to dual layer dvd+r’s without losing the HD Quality.

Have you tried mkv2vob yet? Just see if the output plays from your hard drive before wasting a disk. Another tool you can try is: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR