Trying to backup Pirates of the Caribbean 3

Trying to make a backup of my Pirates of the Caribbean 3 DVD, and getting Cyclic Redundancies in Dvdshrink, and CloneDVD, Also tried AnyDVD’s riptool and it errored at 8% then wouldn’t work well past that.

the DVD is fine, theres no scratches or dirty at all on the disk

atm im ripping it to an mdf using Alcohol, and will try DVD Shrink on the Image
alcohol is reporting that Sectors 532176 - 534159 are bad.

Any other programs i could try to back it up with, if that files to work?

edit
maybe the disk is borked >.> though it works on the DVD player.
i had the same problem with POC2 on my old dvd rom.

oh, nvm, it uses the latest Arccos,… gotta update anydvd

[B]I had the same problem today, and solve the problem with[/B] [U][B]Magic Dvd Ripper 5[/B][/U].
[B]Good Luck!!![/B] :flower:
sorry of my english :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=elianexp;1941664][B]I had the same problem today, and solved the problem with[/B] [U][B]Magic Dvd Ripper 5[/B][/U].
[B]Good Luck!!![/B] :flower:
sorry of my english :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard. :iagree: :clap:
Yes Magic DVD Ripper (+ Magic DVD Copier).Excellent programs. :iagree: :bow:
Your English is good too! :bigsmile:

I had the same Cyclic Redundancies problem also just about midway through when I used BenQ DW1655 to read. Then I switched to Pioneer DVR112L and it went through. I use latest AnyDVD and Clone DVD2. Could this be coincident?

[QUOTE=Charlie T;1941695]I had the same problem also just about midway through when I used BenQ DW1655 to read. Then I switch to Pioneer DVR112 and it went through. AnyDVD and Clone DVD. Could this be coincident?[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:
It is possible.
If a pressing is not that good (& this seems to be the case increasingly these days).
Then some DVDRW’s maybe better at retrieving ALL the required data, than others.
If you only have one drive, unless you have s/w to control the readspeed. You can only try returning the disc for exchange & hope it will be a better pressing.
BenQ is a good example, slow it down & it will do better.
However the latest generation of Pioneer & Samsung seem to just go through these problems with ease.
In the case of the Pioneer’s their read rate is slower than that of BenQ’s.
I tend to use my BenQ’s as scanners only lately.

This might be an odd question.Why different software would help? Let’s assume they both have just one DVD drive. Logically you still have to use same drive to read. Or different softwares have drive speed control?

[QUOTE=Charlie T;1941712]This might be an odd question.Why different software would help? Let’s assume they both have just one DVD drive. Logically you still have to use same drive to read. Or different softwares have drive speed control?[/QUOTE]

Because the software has to understand the protection to correctly remove it.

Different programs use different techniques and are updated to cope with newer protection varients at different intervals.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;1942193]Because the software has to understand the protection to correctly remove it.

Different programs use different techniques and are updated to cope with newer protection varients at different intervals.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
That makes sense.

Magic Dvd Ripper 5. worked for me as well thanks:)

I used HDDvdFab 4012 and tried to extract the movie. I got an “out of memory” message with DVDShrink. I then used HDFabDvd 4012 in “movie only” mode, I broke the movie into parts (I hate compressing movies) and did not have the “out of memory” problem with DvdShrink. I successfully created 2 .ISO’s. I then burned with ImgBurn (of course) and all was well.

[QUOTE=Zathros;1943442]I used HDDvdFab 4012 and tried to extract the movie. I got an “out of memory” message with DVDShrink. I then used HDFabDvd 4012 in “movie only” mode, I broke the movie into parts (I hate compressing movies) and did not have the “out of memory” problem with DvdShrink. I successfully created 2 .ISO’s. I then burned with ImgBurn (of course) and all was well.[/QUOTE]
It probably had something to do with ‘movie only’ mode. People think extracting the movie only is the same as doing the whole movie. If the DVD copy program can back up a full DVD without problems, then that is what matters.

[QUOTE=linx05;1943450]It probably had something to do with ‘movie only’ mode. People think extracting the movie only is the same as doing the whole movie. If the DVD copy program can back up a full DVD without problems, then that is what matters.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if I understand that comment. I put the whole movie on my hard drive. I then used “movie only” mode and extracted that to my hard drive. Two separate files. The Full Back up would read in DvdShrink but DvdShrink could not extract the “movie only” into as .ISO file, “out of memory” stated as the reason. The file with the “Movie Only” was easily converted into 2 .ISO files. Before anyone thinks it is my machine I have an AMD3700 64 with 2 G’s of Ram and two 80G drives and one 500G drives for .ISO files. As far as what matters that is subjective. My goal is to remove all the crap and just have the movie only, uncompressed, that is “what matters” to me. I can always throw the original copy if for some Godforsaken reason I wanted to what any of that stuff.