Trying DVDFab before I buy

vbimport

Hello all. I am new to this forum and new to ripping DVD’s. I just bought a new TV for my trailer. It has a usb port in the back. I want to be able to put my dvd’s onto an EHD so I do not have to carry the DVD’s with me. I downloaded DVDFab trail offer and it worked great for the 2 movies that I downlaoded. Quality was great. I tried to do a third DVD but now it doesn’t seem to work. I do not know if it is because they will only let me try a couple of times before I buy or if something else is wrong. I am more than willing to buy but want to make sure I am not having other problems first. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

[QUOTE=Mike1978;2605111]Hello all. I am new to this forum and new to ripping DVD’s. I just bought a new TV for my trailer. It has a usb port in the back. I want to be able to put my dvd’s onto an EHD so I do not have to carry the DVD’s with me. I downloaded DVDFab trail offer and it worked great for the 2 movies that I downlaoded. Quality was great. I tried to do a third DVD but now it doesn’t seem to work. I do not know if it is because they will only let me try a couple of times before I buy or if something else is wrong. I am more than willing to buy but want to make sure I am not having other problems first. Can anyone point me in the right direction?[/QUOTE]

Hello Mike and welcome to the forum :flower:

All DVDFab products have a 30 day trial period, if the original DVD that didn’t work is a newly released title it may have new protection and could be the reason it didn’t work.

also are you copying in video_ts and audio_ts format or are you converting to another file format to save space ?

Thanks for the welcome. I hope to find a lot of usefull info for dummies on here.
I tried a couple of different DVD’s I even tried to rip one that I already did to see what would happen. I am converting to MP4. I want the best quality but would also like to shink it if possible to save space if I can keep the quality.
When I get to the processing part of it the task time left keeps climbing until it goes to 00:00:00 and percent is only like 5%. Total time elapsed is like 10mins. You can hear my fans working hard.

[QUOTE=Mike1978;2605117]Thanks for the welcome. I hope to find a lot of usefull info for dummies on here.
I tried a couple of different DVD’s I even tried to rip one that I already did to see what would happen. I am converting to MP4. I want the best quality but would also like to shink it if possible to save space if I can keep the quality.
When I get to the processing part of it the task time left keeps climbing until it goes to 00:00:00 and percent is only like 5%. Total time elapsed is like 10mins. You can hear my fans working hard.[/QUOTE]

OK first things first… how long ago did you first used the program ? if it has been over 30 days then the trial period may have expired.

The pest way to convert to any other format is to first copy to your hard drive and the convert the files that was saved to your hard drive, this will save wear and tear on your optical drive/drives plus eliminate any bottle the process may have on your system.

Since doing conversions require a lot of CPU resources it is also a good idea to stop any programs you may have run by you or in the background by the system itself.

There are many different conversion profiles and some are better then others, so check your manual for your EHD to see what video formats it supports.

[B]Edit [/B]just noticed you stated it gets to 5% so your still using the trial

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2605122]OK first things first… how long ago did you first used the program ? if it has been over 30 days then the trial period may have expired.

The pest way to convert to any other format is to first copy to your hard drive and the convert the files that was saved to your hard drive, this will save ware and tear on your optical drive/drives plus eliminate any bottle the process may have on your system.

Since doing conversions require a lot of CPU resources it is also a good idea to stop any programs you may have run by you or in the background by the system itself.

There are many different conversion profiles and some are better then others, so check your manual for your EHD to see what video formats it supports.[/QUOTE]

It’s only been a few days since I downloaded DVDFab. I am first converting from DVD to MP4 on DVDFab to my hard drive. After that I copy over to my EHD. The two I first did work great. I don’t do anything else on computer while ripping. I downloaded Aimersoft to try out. I can get that one to work but the quality doesn’t seem as good. Also most movies are 7-10GB each. I thought that DVDFab compresses files. That is another reason I want to use DVDFab.

[QUOTE=Mike1978;2605123]It’s only been a few days since I downloaded DVDFab. I am first converting from DVD to MP4 on DVDFab to my hard drive. After that I copy over to my EHD. The two I first did work great. I don’t do anything else on computer while ripping. I downloaded Aimersoft to try out. I can get that one to work but the quality doesn’t seem as good. Also most movies are 7-10th each. I thought that DVDFab compresses files. That is another reason I want to use DVDFab.[/QUOTE]

Copy the DVD to your hard drive using the DVD Copy feature(set the out size to DVD5) then use the DVD Ripper feature to convert to MP4, BTW are we talking about a desktop PC or a Laptop ?

[QUOTE=Mike1978;2605124]I mean 7-10GB each[/QUOTE]

I’m now under the impression you are not converting but just copying to VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS format

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2605126]I’m now under the impression you are not converting but just copying to VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS format[/QUOTE]

You could be totally right on that. I have no clue. As stated I am looking for answers for dummies:doh:
I am doing this on a laptop. Is the DVD Copy feature part of DVDFab?

I will give that a try. Thank you

I have question was DVDFab working fine before you installed Aimersoft? Also since you want to watch these on your new TV using the USB port you may want to find out what video format the TV can playback like mp4, mkv, vob, etc.

[QUOTE=AGJ;2605134]I have question was DVDFab working fine before you installed Aimersoft? Also since you want to watch these on your new TV using the USB port you [B]may want to find out what video format the TV can playback like mp4, mkv, vob, etc[/B].[/QUOTE]

I have asked what file format it supports, however my question has been over looked.:frowning:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2605135]I have asked what file format it supports, however my question has been over looked.:([/QUOTE]

Yeah he must have as I overlooked it as well but did say mp4 worked just not say it played back on tv

Sorry I missed that question. The tv does accept MP4. After transferring to EHD I am able to watch on my tv. I didn’t install Aimersoft till after I started having trouble with DVDFab.

[QUOTE=Mike1978;2605140]Sorry I missed that question. The tv does accept MP4. After transferring to EHD I am able to watch on my tv. I didn’t install Aimersoft till after I started having trouble with DVDFab.[/QUOTE]

The reason we ask about the different formats it may support is because converting to other formats as described by AGJ, the file sizes will be in MB instead of GB thus can store more movies on it. :bigsmile:

Ok, so I copied DVD to hard drive first without any problems. Now I am trying to rip to MP4. It has been processing for an hr now. Only shows 4.33% done and Task Time Left 00:00:0. This is where I keep getting stuck. It’s like it freezes. If I cancel it and look at movie, only 15mins or less recorded.:sad:

[QUOTE=Mike1978;2605144]Ok, so I copied DVD to hard drive first without any problems. Now I am trying to rip to MP4. It has been processing for an hr now. Only shows 4.33% done and Task Time Left 00:00:0. This is where I keep getting stuck. It’s like it freezes. If I cancel it and look at movie, only 15mins or less recorded.:sad:[/QUOTE]

Can you post your computer specs ? in the morning I will post a few more screen shots on some steps for you, it is getting late so you maybe stop the process and we can pick this up tomorrow

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2605145]Can you post your computer specs ? in the morning I will post a few more screen shots on some steps for you, it is getting late so you maybe stop the process and we can pick this up tomorrow[/QUOTE]
All I know is it is an HP Pavilion dv7 laptop. Has an Intel Core i5 and Windows 7. 500GB hard drive.

[QUOTE=Mike1978;2605146]All I know is it is an HP Pavilion dv7 laptop. Has an Intel Core i5 and Windows 7. 500GB hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Please check the firmware/driver for your graphic card and make sure it is up to date, if it is out dated you will need to update it to the latest version.

Please note that even a new system can have out dated drivers.

One other thing you may want to do is go into common setting and click on A/V Codec located on the left and make sure all settings are set to “Software”. :wink: