Tryin to "shrink" a Blu-Ray backup

vbimport

I bought “300” some days ago , and now i have tried to “rip it” to my computer via ANYDVD HD and that worked well… But the “image-folder” is over 33GB large… Any way to “shrink” the movier so it will fit on a 25gb-bluray-disc , and still keep the subtitles ? :rolleyes:

Try TsRemux. The lastest v.0.0.20 also supports subtitles.

thanks… how to “find” the subititles?
You get all the different “sounds” to choose from when you open TSremux -
but where do i choose subtitles? :confused:

The subtitles is listed as “Presentation Graphics Stream”.

zevia,

Just got a Bly-Ray Burner and have ripped a Blu-Ray to my hard drive with Any HDDVD. I can’t figure out how to shrink this with TSReMux to under 25GB so I can burn.

Any info on shrinking and how I would use Imageburn with my new LG Blu-Ray Burner to burn a Blu-Ray would be great.

Thanks

[quote=stevo714;2012986]zevia,

Just got a Bly-Ray Burner and have ripped a Blu-Ray to my hard drive with Any HDDVD. I can’t figure out how to shrink this with TSReMux to under 25GB so I can burn.

Any info on shrinking and how I would use Imageburn with my new LG Blu-Ray Burner to burn a Blu-Ray would be great.

Thanks[/quote]stev: try this link with pics for start. You can skip step #2 (splitting) since you want to burn on BD disc. Let me know if you have more questions.

Zevia,

Thanks, Got my Blu Ray Rips under 22GB. LG Burner will be here on Monday.

Any words of advice or guide on burning these files I shrunk to BD-R’s with IMGBurn?

Thanks Again

[quote=stevo714;2015336]Zevia,

Thanks, Got my Blu Ray Rips under 22GB. LG Burner will be here on Monday.

Any words of advice or guide on burning these files I shrunk to BD-R’s with IMGBurn?

Thanks Again[/quote]
Sorry I missed this stev.
I assume you had Tsremux to blu-ray and you have two folders: BDMV and CERTIFICATE. Then run ImgBurn, go to Mode > Build, choose your Blu-ray burner. Drag the two folders into ImgBurn and click Burn/Build icon.

If you have not set ImgBurn option UDF 2.50 file system, it will pop up a warning window that Blu-ray Video discs typically use UDF file system. Click Yes.

so what do you get 25gb discs for ?? 50c ???

because a brand name bd (sony/tdk) in au is $35ish each…
and the new movie same… so not worth burning to a blank bd disc by any means… not to count when sometimes you get 2 discs with the original movie or other extras…

Bought 20 - 25GB TDK BD-R at Circuit City for about $4 each after discount.

Thanks Zevia worked perfectly on my BD-RE disk that came with the drive. Plays in my PS3 no problem. Getting ready to put it on my TDK BD-R Disk.

Thanks for the help.

Stevo,

nice to read that u copyed a blueray with suc6…
i tried it also but my bl stays in the 29 gig…
what did i do wrong

first Read the tut that you where pointed at…
the i ripped it with anydvd hd
then i remuxed it with tsremux to a m2 ts file
selected only the stream that i whant.
then i remuxd it to a Bluray structure…

how did you get the smaller image?

gr

soundwave

Some Blu-ray movies are so long (2+ hours) with very high bitrate that the video stream itself, without any audio, is over 25GB thus impossible to fit into a BD-R or BD-RE.

Plus the audio, if you plan to keep the lossless DTS-HD MA or LPCM, add 4-6GB into the equation, or if only DTS/DD5.1 add around 1GB.

The only way to do this long movie is to burn it into one BD-R and the rest to DVD (single or dual layer(s)).

The One i wouldl like to copy is Pirates 3, its a test for me… got the burner today :slight_smile: the tracks i would like to keep is the video, and one sub and one track audio, its dolby digital btw…

you know if pirates is copyable to 25 gig or is it only possible for 1 bl and 1 dvd…

in your explain you say al movies longer then 2 hours, wont work… so let say die hard is 131 minutes… it wont fit right?

thnx for the awnsers

Yes Pirates3 and Live Free or Die Hard won’t fit into single BD-R even if you choose only the DD5.1 audio stream. You will need a BD-R and another DVD blank perhaps dual layer DVD (I forgot, it was a while ago). You can use HDBDSplit to first spilt the 29GB m2ts into 23GB (for safety) and you will get two files: 23GB + 6GB. TSremux each file to blu-ray and burn both using imgburn.

Do you know if there is a list of movies that wont fit?

greetz

Tom

I don’t think such list exists. But my guestimate is 2+ hours movie with high bitrate. Usually new movies but not all though.

[QUOTE=zevia;2066597]I don’t think such list exists. But my guestimate is 2+ hours movie with high bitrate. Usually new movies but not all though.[/QUOTE]

Time to make one :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Soundwave84;2066599]Time to make one :)[/QUOTE]I think it would be great if the region of the DVD in question also was posted in that thread. :slight_smile:

can someone tell me how to handle if your blueray have more mts2 streams in it?

Trying to copy Simpsons The Movie now… to test my drive and stuff :slight_smile:

[quote=Soundwave84;2066609]can someone tell me how to handle if your blueray have more mts2 streams in it?

Trying to copy Simpsons The Movie now… to test my drive and stuff :)[/quote]
Simpsons has BD+ thus you will need AnyDVD HD. It also uses seamless branching, here’s how:

• Start - Run - cmd
  • in DOS prompt, navigate to the Stream folder and type:

copy /b 00116.m2ts + 00117.m2ts + 00118.m2ts + 00119.m2ts “simpsons_movie.m2ts”

Or you can skip the above steps by typing the above copy command (copy /b …) in Notepad and save as simpsons.bat in the Stream folder and double click the .bat with explorer.

Then process simpsons_movie.m2ts using tsremux or tsmuxer. Note this is for Region A.