True Grit

If I try to do a full disk backup it is like 21 + GB to do and even with DVD9 I am at 37% quality. Does anybody know if I choose main movie Which title(s) to choose? Any help would be appreciated.

The older version 5.3.2.0 will work on this title.At work now so do not remember what title it was.

Hi brotherwolf

I believe title 11 is the the one you want to copy, however put the movie in your DVD player and as the movie is playing take note of what Title# it is, when you open Fab and it analyzes the disc make sure it is the same Title# that was playing as before and chose that number.

also make sure pathplayer is set as “Always enabled”

Thanks Storm, I am at work so can I play on computer and do the same thing to find out chapter it is playing?

[QUOTE=brotherwolf;2591462]Thanks Storm, I am at work so can I play on computer and do the same thing to find out chapter it is playing?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can as long as the media player used shows the title while it plays :wink:

I’m sure it’s title 11 but always good to check first.

Oh yeah BTW… use main movie mode so a single title can be selected :bigsmile:

Opened with Windows Media Player and it says Title 18. Title 11 on my disk is 1:38:53 and Title 18 is 1:50:13. I will try Title 18 and see if that works and report back…

Thanks again for the help Storm…

[QUOTE=brotherwolf;2591466]Opened with Windows Media Player and it says Title 18. Title 11 on my disk is 1:38:53 and Title 18 is 1:50:13. I will try Title 18 and see if that works and report back…

Thanks again for the help Storm…[/QUOTE]

Yeah it has been known for the correct title number to very between discs and is why I said tis always good to check first :smiley:

Well seems title 18 goes fine then starts jumping around, so now trying title 11. LOL

VLC plays title 18 on my disc, too. Movie runs 110 mins… title 11 is 98 mins, title 18 is 110 mins… more will be revealed

Title 38 works for me.

I don’t have this movie so this is just a guess . I have found the longer timed titles are many times the version with a directors commentary.

[QUOTE=artie420;2591469]VLC plays title 18 on my disc, too. Movie runs 110 mins… title 11 is 98 mins, title 18 is 110 mins… more will be revealed[/QUOTE]

Title 18 could very well be the correct title and the updated version of “Pathplayer” is reading the navigation improperly, however if you have a copy of the last version 5 it will copy title 18 correctly…so I hear anyway

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2591490]Title 18 could very well be the correct title and the updated version of “Pathplayer” is reading the navigation improperly, however if you have a copy of the last version 5 it will copy title 18 correctly…so I hear anyway[/QUOTE]

Thanks SJ. Tried Title 18 with and without pathplayer enabled, but both gave the same resutl - an incomplete, 2-gb rendition. Will try Title 11. :frowning:

[QUOTE=artie420;2591496]Thanks SJ. Tried Title 18 with and without pathplayer enabled, but both gave the same resutl - an incomplete, 2-gb rendition. Will try Title 11. :([/QUOTE]

As I stated it has been reported that the DVDFab v5 is able to do this with no trouble if you have v5 reg key and want to try v5 you can get it here

I would myself but don’t have this movie title, course there is always another way which is wait for the next update.

[QUOTE=artie420;2591496]Thanks SJ. Tried Title 18 with and without pathplayer enabled, but both gave the same resutl - an incomplete, 2-gb rendition. Will try Title 11. :([/QUOTE]
Same result with Title 11 (and thanks, Canuck42, but title 38 is a shorty on my disc ;))

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2591497]As I stated it has been reported that the DVDFab v5 is able to do this with no trouble if you have v5 reg key and want to try v5 you can get it here

I would myself but don’t have this movie title, course there is always another way which is wait for the next update.[/QUOTE]

Version 5 did work and watched with no problems.
Not very good, nowhere near as good as the original True Grit

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2591497]As I stated it has been reported that the DVDFab v5 is able to do this with no trouble if you have v5 reg key and want to try v5 you can get it here [/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[QUOTE=bean55;2591500]Version 5 did work and watched with no problems.
Not very good, [B]nowhere near as good as the original True Grit[/B][/QUOTE]

Remakes are always a disappoint to me :frowning:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2591497]I would myself but don’t have this movie title, course there is always another way which is wait for the next update.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, downloaded v5 with your link and started backup before leaving for work. Will see when I get home. I haven’t been visiting here much lately – are the QT updates gonna work on my creaky old Dell running XP sp3?