Troubles With Iron man

vbimport

Hey guys having trouble copying iron man. I put it in my drive dvdfab reads it right away fine. then when I click start it analyzes the dvd fine, when it starts the copying process it fails.
Log:
20:41:44: Analyzing of DVD started
20:41:47: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
20:41:47: Copy process started
20:41:47: Task_1 failed! Error=400(15 1 C:\Documents and Settings\Harrison\My Documents\DVDFab\Customize\IRON MAN \VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB)
20:41:48: Process failed!
thanks!

–! Update

Just tried ripping the whole disc and its working fine so far ill post back if I run into any more issue

thanks

Interesting. I did a movie-only rip with DVDShrink. All was well. Is there anything on this disc? Region 1, WS format.

I too am having troubles with Iron Man, but I am a newbie and am using the trial version of Fab5. So far I have not burned any disk properly. Tried to burn 5 times, different each time and nothing! My DVD players all say disk is dirty, or do not play, or only play about half of the scenes. I have a lot of learning to do. Not sure where to start, but at least I managed to find this forum.

[QUOTE=saltpeter;2138588]I too am having troubles with Iron Man, but I am a newbie and am using the trial version of Fab5. So far I have not burned any disk properly. Tried to burn 5 times, different each time and nothing! My DVD players all say disk is dirty, or do not play, or only play about half of the scenes. I have a lot of learning to do. Not sure where to start, but at least I managed to find this forum.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CDFreaks saltpeter

Do you have pathplyer enabled? What speed are you trying to burn at? What brand of disc are you using ? Can you post a log here so we can take a look at it?

Hi Bean55, Yes I do have pathplayer enabled. I have tried at several speeds. I now understand that my lite on LH-201L is not very good at DVD-DL writing. It must not be very good at 4.7 GB either. I have tried Memorex DVD+R DL, Memorex DVD+R, and Sony DVD+R. I have come to understand that I may need better quality discs than these.

So far I have not been able to copy any thing satisfactorily at any speed or quality disc.

[quote=saltpeter;2139131]Hi Bean55, Yes I do have pathplayer enabled. I have tried at several speeds. I now understand that my lite on LH-201L is not very good at DVD-DL writing. It must not be very good at 4.7 GB either. I have tried Memorex DVD+R DL, Memorex DVD+R, and Sony DVD+R. I have come to understand that I may need better quality discs than these.

So far I have not been able to copy any thing satisfactorily at any speed or quality disc.[/quote]
if your discs are rated at 16x for burn speed then burn at half the speed same as any other rated speed. memorex will not burn properly at faster speeds as it not good media. I unsure what speed the memorex DL are but I have never had a memorex DL disc work for me so buy yourself some verbatim DL MIS. Not sure where you located but in canada staples has 15packs 8x verb DL MIS for $24.99 and verb MIT 16x MIT for under 20 bucks. Not sure how long the sale is on for but I bought some today.

Hello all! I am now having some luck with Sony discs in the main movie menu, but only if I can do 100% on DVD5. If I have to split, it does the first disc fine, then I insert the second disc, and the program crashes. SO I can record half the movie! Still no luck with DVD9. I will get the verbatium disc. I just got the update for 5100, maybe that will help! Hope so!

Thank you all! Your help is invaluble!

Verbatium DL are the only DL that I have had no problems with on a consistent basis.

Sounds like you are trying to join 2 movies onto 1 DL disc.

Are you putting both on the HDD of your computer and then trying to burn to DL?
Movie only or full disc?

Hi Bean! I was trying to copy one DVD9 length movie to two DVD5 discs. I have now done it succsessfully. I still can’t copy one to one on DVD9. I think that it might be because I need Verbatium discs. I uninstalled several programs that seemed to conflict with Fab (nero, corel), and I updated to Fab 5.1.0.0. It now seems to work better. I will go buy some Verb discs today and see what happens!

Putting on HDD then buring to disc on movie only, or full disc works if it only needs a DVD5, so I am going hunting for the verb discs!

GJ says Verb MIS or MIT, I don’t know which is better so I will get the most expensive, and see how it goes! My Lite On burner does a lot of things very well, we shall see if it will burn the DVD9 Verb discs.

Thank you very much!!!

Pete
Suggestion for burning DLs: Use ImgBurn instead of VSO. You drive should do a good job with the Verbs.

Thanks! I really do apreciate all the help that I am getting here!

Hey Signals! I’m not understanding what you are telling me. I’m using DVDFab 5.1.0.0, do you think I should use ImgBurn instead of Fab? Is VSO a third program? I will look into this!

I really do not want to reduce the quality of my movies by shrinking them to fit on a single DVD5. I would rather put one movie on 2 discs, and have 100%, but changing the disc in the middle of the movie is a pain.

You guys are great!! :slight_smile:

Boy I hate being a newbie!! No matter how old I get, I am still a newbie at something or another!!

I think my good friend signals is offlline for a bit…anyway here’s some help.
He just means for you to utilize Img as the burn engine within Platinum
You’ll need to download Imgburn if you don’t already have it.
It’s freeware!

http://www.imgburn.com/

Also make the following changes to the default settings:
[B]tools > settings > build > don’t prompt image details[/B]

Once you have Img installed on your rig, you can select it as follows…;)…:

[QUOTE=saltpeter;2139289]Boy I hate being a newbie!! No matter how old I get, I am still a newbie at something or another!![/QUOTE]

No truer words have been spoken :iagree:

We are all still newbie’s but I like the challenge of new projects. :slight_smile:

As far as using imgburn I think you will like it, That is my choice for burning.

COOL! Thank you!! I just got some Verb discs, and I’ll see if I can spin them into something viewable! They are a little more pricey than the others, but not as much as Blue-Ray!:slight_smile:

OK…I can burn and split the movie SERENITY on to 2 DVD5’s, but not on to 1 DVD9. I have installed ImgBurn, and set it up as Mainman says, but in the prepairing image window the green bar will only go up to 66%, and then it will stay there and do nothing for as long as I let it. After about an hour it still is sitting on 66%! This would lead you to think that the program is not responding, but task manager says that both DVDFab5, and ImgBurn are in fact both running.

SO…I stop ImgBurn, and cancel everything, and start over using VSO instead. DVDFab5 will finish the whole thing, but it will not play in any of my three TV DVD players. The TV players either burp the DVD back out at me, or say that the disc is dirty! The TV DVD players will play the movie if burned on 2 DVD5’s.

Then…just for kicks I put the VSO burned disc into my computer, and guess what!!! DVDFab5 v5.1.0.0 picks it up, and will play the movie for me. My computer does not think that my DVD is disc is dirty!

Now…any ideas on why ImgBurn can’t go beyond 66%?

Any ideas at all? Thanks!!!

lets see both vso and imgburn logs
my documents\ dvdfab\ logs

In addition to the burn logs requested by Troy ^, perhaps the VSO discs are just not properly finalized since they play in your pc, but not in your standalone players.

Try to force finalization (close session) as follows:
(it looks complicated, but it’ll only take seconds)

[B] DVDFab Finalize a disc [/B]

Right click on the [B]Fab Icon[/B] >
Left click [B]Properties[/B] >
Left click [B]Find Target[/B] >
Left click [B]PcSetup.exe[/B] >
Left click on the + in front of [B]Patin-Couffin driver[/B] >
Now left click once to select your burner >
Right click on the selected burner >
Navigate to the bottom of the dropdown to[B] Finalize [/B]the media

I believe this is some of the info requested, more to come. This movie will burn to a DVD9, but it will not play in my standalone TV players. It WILL play if inserted into my drive, as DVDFab will play it! DVDFab is finializing the burned disc with VSO engine. DVDFab 5 v.5.1.0.0. No manual finalization availble, says already been done.

This movie can be split on to two DVD5's and it will play on my computer, and my Television DVD unit.

dvdfab_burn_vso SERENITY.txt (9.4 KB)

Info SERENITY.txt (957 Bytes)