Troubles With CloneDVD and Shrink

vbimport

I’m attempting to backup King Of Queens Season 4 Disc #2 (Disc #1 and #3 worked fine) and what I did was, using DVD Decrypter in File mode to rip the dvd to my hard drive. It said it completed fine.

As usual I used DVD Shrink to then compress the files on to my hard drive (then later use the files to burn with Nero). Shrink was able to analyis the files fine, but when it came to actually encoding, it doesnt get passed 30%. Here is a screenshot.

So then I opened up CloneDVD to try to encode the files there. I used the same files I got from DVD Decrypter and tried Copying DVD from the menu (option #2), CloneDVD then gave me this error.
Here is the screenshot.

I thought then it may have something to do with the files that DVD Decrypter gave me if Shrink and CloneDVD didn’t like them (and it still may be) but I was able to create a ISO of the files in CloneDVD (using option #3), so I now have the ~7.71 GB ISO that CloneDVD gave me. I still have the ~7.71 GB files that DVD D gave me. Now what?

This is a brand new DVD just released from Sony on around 6/24 but I don’t think it’s new protection since the other discs worked fine. :a

Version of software:
DVD Shrink - 3.2
DVD Decrypter - 3.5.4.0
CloneDVD2 - 2.8.4.1

Download the trial version of AnyDVD and use CloneDVD2 and see if that works.

@ em0,

Suggest visiting SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and download the latest version of AnyDVD.

Suggest starting your whole DVD copy procedure all over again using the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software combination.

Also suggest closely inspecting the King Of Queens Season 4 Disc for any scratches or imperfections and thoroughly clean the DVD.

Best Regards,
bjkg

I was afraid of that. I let my friend borrow the disc already (I’ll have to wait to get it back from him).

I have the newest version’s of anyDVD and CloneDVD2, I just don’t know/understand anyDVD that well (that’s why I used DVD D instead). I can try this again once I get the disc back, but is there anything I can do in the meantime?

The disc’s are brand new, no marks.

I am slightly confused - if you have AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 why did you use DVDD?

Ah I see - beat me to the reply em0

If I were you I would just let AnyDVD run in the background with the default settings - and then try to do your backup with CloneDVD2. I know that will mean waiting on getting your original back though.

Make sure anydvd is set to your region (settings tab)

Okay, so let me understand the slysoft process. AnyDVD just sits there in the background and does all the unprotecting automatically (assuming it’s enabled)? Then CloneDVD is instantly able to then copy it using that option #2 and compress the DVD and I can burn it?

Yep - that is about the size of it!!

That’s correct. Just make sure your region code is the correct one, under feature removal all boxes are checked, and under CSS Keys Tab I would disable the box for “use css keys archive”. If AnyDVD ever makes a mistake it will go back to that key everytime you stick that same DVD in the drive.
Only takes a few seconds to read so I like to start out on a clean slate.

Alright, well I tried using AnyDVD and CloneDVD (on a different DVD just to test it) and I got about 20% encoded in CloneDVD before it gave me the ‘cyclic redundancy checks’ data error. CloneDVD also said to check the disc and make sure it was a clean surface. Well, it seemed very clean it was pretty new too, I opened up Shrink and it worked fine.

I think CloneDVD just hates me. I’m still waiting for that KOQ Season 4 Disc 2 from my friend so I can try it again using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. :stuck_out_tongue: