Trouble with the latest QT - need 8.0.9.0

vbimport

QT was working well on my Win7 machine until I downloaded 8.1.0.5 (July 4).

I tried two new movies just received and both wanted to take well over 1.5 hours to put on a hard drive.

I was able to copy them quickly with 8.0.8.3 (pre-QT), but now I I would like to have an older version of QT. But when I go to the thread for the release of any of the earlier releases, it only downloads the newest version.

Can someone please give me a link to get 8.0.9.0 (May 9), which was working fine (and I sadly deleted)?

You can still get DVDFAb 8.0.8.5 from the DVDFab website and can get 8.0.9.0 from oldapps.com. Maybe post your logs and someone can check them out and try to help with the new version.

Thanks, AGJ.

I was able to get 8.0.9.8Qt from oldapps.com (a great source I was not aware of) and when I copied with that version, all was fine.

I think the problem must be in the newest Qt, 8.1.0.5, as it wanted to take forever to copy.

I’ve forgotten where the log files are in Win7. I will post it when I can find it.

now try to d/l 8.1.0.5 again over top of 8.0.9.8 with a new installer

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2595341]now try to d/l 8.1.0.5 again over top of 8.0.9.8 with a new installer[/QUOTE]

OK. Did that. No luck.

The very slow copy problem came back. After 3 minutes it still showed over an hour to finish.

[I]…(added a little while later):[/I] I put 8.0.9.5 back, that version works fine - copies just as fast as it should.

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2595343]I put 8.0.9.5 back, that version works fine - copies just as fast as it should.[/QUOTE]

If that works for you then I’d stick with that until the problems have all been ironed out.

The only difficulty will be if some new protection variant comes along that the older version can’t handle but with any luck it’ll all be sorted by then.

[B]Wombler[/B]