Trouble with Sony DVD-R (accucore)

vbimport

im having issues trying to burn movies with this type of DVD-R with nero. anybody having the same issue?

it wont burn the movie, and gives me a illegal error

Welcome to CDFreaks :slight_smile:

Please give us you’re burner and the firmware that is installed on it.

kind of a newb, how do i find out about that?

Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633S im taking is the name of the burner and the firmware?

if firmware means OS i use windows xp

Open Nero StartSmart, click on Nero Toolkit and then click on Nero CD-DVD Speed.

The drop down box shows the drive (make sure the DVD-RW drive is selected) and the firmware - in my example screenshot below the firmware is V0059

EDIT: excellent. That’s the drive. See my info above for firmware :slight_smile:

[1:0]Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633S BGS4

This is where other forum members will have to help - I’m not at all familiar with Lite-On drives and firmware - have a look round here first is all I can say http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44 :slight_smile:

ok i fixed it. for anybody that has this issue in the future. this type of firmware for liteon is a OEM, and it really doesnt have an update so u have to cross flash it with CS0T-crossflashed-multicolorled.

can be gotten from http://www.codeguys.com

thanks for your time tho Kevatcrewe

No problem - hopefully you’ll find you’re burner performs even better now :slight_smile:

actually yes, its burning the disc alot faster, thanks

Hey Im having trouble with the DVD-R accuCore DVD’s. I just recorded a video from a video camera, and its not recognizing, sometimes this thing pops up and say drag stuff to add to file and it also shows that there is no video recording on there. Im using Windows Vista, COMPAQ. Please help. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Terps4life90;2454004]Hey Im having trouble with the DVD-R accuCore DVD’s. I just recorded a video from a video camera, and its not recognizing, sometimes this thing pops up and say drag stuff to add to file and it also shows that there is no video recording on there. Im using Windows Vista, COMPAQ. Please help. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi Terps4life90, welcome to the forum!
What drive (type name) and burning software are you using?