Trouble with roxio

vbimport

The roxio program is not recognizing my cd/dvd drive. When I want to burn something the burn button is highlighted, butwhen you press it it said it no recorder available. Beside the button it has default recorder none and when you press the button beside that it will not do anything and still said none. :sad:

What version are you using?

The answer depends on what version of Roxio and What brand and model of CD/DVD drive you have. There are instances where Roxio will not recognize the drive even tho Windows does. Is this a sudden event having used the combo up to now-or a new install of a drive? If the latter then i would try using a different program, such as Ashampoo, which is very device tolerant. Good luck

Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. A gateway laptop computer.

Try running this though RegEdit:-

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
“UpperFilters”=-
“LowerFilters”=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr]

Create a text file with this in it & give a .reg extention & then double click on it.

How do I get to regedit4?

You don’t.

You just create this as a text file with a .reg extention & double click it in explorer. You should then be asked whether you want to add it to the registry.

It’s everything from REGEDIT4 through to UdfReader].

I used notepad and copy this into it:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
“UpperFilters”=-
“LowerFilters”=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr]

and saved it as regedit4.reg. I saved it to the desktop and chiock on it twice and it ask me the question you said it would, but it did not help.

I assume you rebooted though.

no, I did not. I will try it.

still does not work

Originally Roxio software used to have a hard-coded table of recognised burners which was a pain in the butt. I believe this all changed with Roxio 6 but to be honest I can’t be sure about that.

Are you able to burn with anything else & it’s just Roxio giving you the problem?

and do you have a disk in the drive before you try to burn. Had the same problem on one of my boxes with ANYDVD. It did not like me adding the disk at the last moment at all.

it is a problem with roxio. Can burn with other programs. I put a disk in the drive before I start.

I’ll install V6 on my test box & see what happens.

Just where did you Roxio V6 come from? At one time versions of Nero were supplied with a burner & would only work with that model. Not sure about Roxio but if it was supplied under the same basis that might be the reason for these problems.

Looking though the roxio folder I found a exe call scandisc and it said the was no compatible recorder on this machine.

Just installed mine & I get a Creator API failure on startup & no burners found.

There’s a file in the CDEngine folder called DeviceTable.bin. I’m inclined to think that maybe this is used to identify burners and modern burners just won’t be in that table.

I think you might want to give up on V6 & get v7.5 which is udoubtedly the best version. Steer away from v8 & 9.

Can you update 6.0 to 7.5 somewhere or do you have to puy the hold new software. Roxio software help is no good.