Trouble with ripping DVD's

The first few movies I copied went okay, DVDFab does not support wmp 11
video :frowning: I have not been able to get anything copied in the folder it generates the folder is either empty or 0Kb encoded. I have been trying to rip onto the hard drive with the PS3 or generic mp4 h264 aac formating. The software I was hoping for would be able to rip DVD’s to my hard drive that I would be able to view in WMP 11 and then be able to network to my PS3 but I have not found or heard of a way to do this. Which, renders this software useless to me. Other than maybe just backing up DVD’s which is only half the reason for buying it. I would be willing to get rid of WMP 11 if I knew there was another software program that I could replace it with that would network a PS3 i.e. DLNA server. Can any one help me out.

Thanks, Bruce

http://dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/MainFeaturesRelease

4.0.2.0 Beta (Dec 14, 2007)

* New: Added support for a new CORE X2 protection as found on "Next", (R2, Czech).
* New: Improved DVD structure cleaning module. Now DVDFab output is more compatible with other DVD programs.
* New: Improved PathPlayer to determine some special paths.
* New: Added support for Microsoft ZUNE and Xbox 360. 

Please note you need have installed Windows Media Player 11 to use the feature.

* New: Added devices "ZUNE, NDS, Xbox 360 and PS3" to navigation bar.
* Fix: A problem that encoding speed slows down to zero in certain cases, for "DVD to Mobile".

Sorry off topic:

I don’t know the answer to your question but i just wanted to say i’m in SW Missouri :cool: Go MU Tigers

There is an excellent alternative to WMP11: VLC player.

It is free, and it doesn’t require any installation (the software is portable, it can run from any folder, even an USB pendrive, and also codecs are included in the package).

Take a look here (download the zip or the 7-zip archive and unpack files in any folder you like)

[QUOTE=bruce2chevy;1955268]The first few movies I copied went okay, DVDFab does not support wmp 11
video :frowning: I have not been able to get anything copied in the folder it generates the folder is either empty or 0Kb encoded. I have been trying to rip onto the hard drive with the PS3 or generic mp4 h264 aac formating. The software I was hoping for would be able to rip DVD’s to my hard drive that I would be able to view in WMP 11 and then be able to network to my PS3 but I have not found or heard of a way to do this. Which, renders this software useless to me. Other than maybe just backing up DVD’s which is only half the reason for buying it. I would be willing to get rid of WMP 11 if I knew there was another software program that I could replace it with that would network a PS3 i.e. DLNA server. Can any one help me out.

Thanks, Bruce[/QUOTE]

The generic.xvid.avi.audiocopy works just fine. If you want better software to actually serve the movies to the ps3 have a look at Twonkyvision.

I tried the xvid.avi.audiocopy and the PS3 see’s it as corrupted data.

I will look take a look at Twonkyvision. Do you know if Nero will aslo work in this capacity.

have you tried the new ps3 profile in 4020beta. this also supports using wmp11.

New: Added devices “ZUNE, NDS, Xbox 360 and PS3” to navigation bar.

troy

[quote=troy512;1955309]have you tried the new ps3 profile in 4020beta. this also supports using wmp11.

New: Added devices “ZUNE, NDS, Xbox 360 and PS3” to navigation bar.

troy[/quote]

I have, the trouble I have there is when I look in the folder it generates its empty no file. This really baffles me what is going on. I just recently wiped my hard drive and reinstalled all the software and all update. Then I started looking into archiving and streaming my DVD’s and purchased DVDFab thinking this would be the ticket. :frowning:

just tried it using two chapters from hot rod. maybe signals will show up tonight and help out?

with your streaming media question there is a couple guys around here that do this so just hold tight. im sure someone will be around.:slight_smile:

ok moving this up before it gets bumped to second page.

[QUOTE=bruce2chevy;1955313]I have, the trouble I have there is when I look in the folder it generates its empty no file. This really baffles me what is going on. I just recently wiped my hard drive and reinstalled all the software and all update. Then I started looking into archiving and streaming my DVD’s and purchased DVDFab thinking this would be the ticket. :-([/QUOTE]

You certainly on the right track. I have been encoding movies and streaming for years, so I think I have some relevant experience.

Firstly, DVD Fab is, by far, certainly the best product to get your DVD’s into a streaming format.

Secondly, TwonkyVision is, by far, the best uPnP Media Server around.

I do not stream to the PS3 but use a mix of Ziova CS-505’s, Zensonic Z500, iPaq & other PDAs, & PC’s running Nero Showtime as client players…

ALL WORK !!!

From a quick read on the Twonky forum, you need to make sure your PS3 is running the latest firmware as previous versions would not work.

I have just tested the PS3 DVD Fab profile and it all works fine for me.It produces a H.264 AAC MP4 file.

So…

Either your fab is not working correctly or you are doing something wrong and both issues need to be investigated and addressed.

Okay, I did invetigate Twonkyvision and I do like this as a DLNA server better than WMP 11. I have been doing some more investigating into this problem within DVDfab. I also have a PSP and have been riping movies in the form of psp.h264.aac and psp.h264.firmware 3.30+ (new in the beta 4.0.2.0) and these work very well for the PSP and the PS3. I don’t think I am doing anything wrong; I have tried ripping in the PS3 format several times now and I just cannot get a file to show up in the folder. It is just amazing and baffling to me how this can be. Anything with Xvid compression can not be used with the PS3 as this is unsupported.

Thank you for your efforts much appreciated!

I think my next step will be to uninstall the software clean up the mess in the hard drive and start over with a fresh install. Maybe this will solve my problems.

I have contacted DVDFab directly abd Ada Fang is wroking on it as well.

Another note, I have the PS3 and PSP up to date on firmware. This is very cool now as you can activate your PS3 via the internet and view all your media from anywhere you have a WiFi connection.

Another question, what is the difference or simularites of a DLNA server or uPnP media server?

Thanks

[QUOTE=bruce2chevy;1957702]Another note, I have the PS3 and PSP up to date on firmware. This is very cool now as you can activate your PS3 via the internet and view all your media from anywhere you have a WiFi connection.

Another question, what is the difference or simularites of a DLNA server or uPnP media server?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I am wondering about the same thing?