Trouble with DVD/Blu-Ray Writer in Windows 8

vbimport

I clean installed Windows 8 and haven’t been able to get my Samsung SH-B123L SB01 to work. I first noticed the problem when trying to burn with IMGBurn. The program would look like it was writing (test mode off) but the disc would end up blank still. I then tried to get a BR disc and PS3 disc to be read by the drive but Windows acted as if the drive was still empty.

Next I thought updating the Firmware would surely fix it. SamsungODD firmware would not work, I tried both methods available but both times I got a message asking me to remove the disc from the tray, and the tray would open. No matter what I do I can’t get it to realize there is no disc in there.

I believe my SH-B123L is on SATA 5 or 6. I have 2 SSDs and an IDE on 1-4. I’ve got AMD AHCI compatible RAID controller listed under storage controllers. I’ve got an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 with the latest firmware.

I had no issues with my drive on Windows 7, it’s very seldom seen use and has never had the pleasure of burning a BR. If anyone had an idea I can try I’d be SOO grateful. I’m tired of searching around and finding no one with my same issue. I apologize for the long post, I’m tired and cranky! :doh:

Sorry I did not notice this quicker :o

Your drive is only a Blu-ray reader, it will never burn BD-Rs. Only DVD and CD.

Are your SSDs running in raid? If not, try changing sata mode in bios to AHCI. Or, try the drive on 6 or 7 and change the mode in bios for 6-7 to AHCI.

[QUOTE=sp120k;2665406]
I believe my SH-B123L is on SATA 5 or 6. I have 2 SSDs and an IDE on 1-4. I’ve got AMD AHCI compatible RAID controller listed under storage controllers. I’ve got an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 with the latest firmware.
[/QUOTE]

1. …doubtful about the SATA mode.
  2. RAID with optical drives? No way.

[QUOTE=chef;2667811]1. …doubtful about the SATA mode.[/quote]Was not mentioned.

1. RAID with optical drives? No way.
    Was not mentioned.
    To use your own words: Did you really read the initial question?

Michael

Yeah, you might read post #2 if you can.