Trouble with Doomsday

vbimport

I have backed up many of my DVD’s and this is only the second time I have had trouble. Doomsday shows very little copy protection and it seems to copy okay. When I put it in my DVD player, it locks up my DVD player tighter than a drum. I even have trouble turning the DVD player off after trying to play Doomsday. Does almost the same thing in my laptop. I am using version 5.0.6.0. Any suggestions?!?

Thanks for the help.

[quote=jpnski;2148699]I have backed up many of my DVD’s and this is only the second time I have had trouble. Doomsday shows very little copy protection and it seems to copy okay. When I put it in my DVD player, it locks up my DVD player tighter than a drum. I even have trouble turning the DVD player off after trying to play Doomsday. Does almost the same thing in my laptop. I am using version 5.0.6.0. Any suggestions?!?

Thanks for the help.[/quote]
Well let’s start with what blank media you are using? what burn speed did you choose? What are your settings in dvdfab? what burn engine did you use VSO, nero or ImgBurn?

I used both Memorex and Sony media. It burns at about 4X speed and I use DVDFAB for the whole process and I burn the whole DVD(full copy)

You need better media, try and pick up some verbatim. in dvdfab common settings, it the green dot with the check mark. click dvd-write and choose ImgBurn as your burn engine but you need to download and installl it first if you not have it already. It is a free program and is rated as the best burn engine around. Next change your write speed from recommended to 8X or half the rated speed of your discs. next change write time from auto to SAO writing and final put a check mark next to set booktype to dvd-rom. Ok, now click pathplayer and change it to always enable pathplayer. Now try and make another backup and post back if this helped you.

There is nothing wrong with SONY media. Been using it for years :clap:

I believe this is an issue of the combination of Full Disc mode processing and disc structure. I doubt you’d see this behavior with main movie or with clone mode. (I did this flick with customize and had no problems). In my experience, what once was a rare occasion, occurs more frequently now and is at its worst when you try to alter the playback order of various titles with some of the more advanced features of PathPlayer.

You may have some luck with ripping the disc to your hdd first and exiting Fab, then burning it. I’m not sure why this 2-step process seems to work, at least some of the time.

If you’re interested, this was discussed in a recent thread:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/unable-play-dvd-player-255047/

Hi Maineman,

Agree with you 100%. I either back up main movie or whole disk. If I back up the whole disc I do not rearrange or delete anything. Fab Plat seems to be hit or miss when trying to do this. :o