Trouble with DiscDump, SafeDisc

Hi,

I’m trying to dump a safedisc 2.9x protected cd/game with discdump but have had no success…

i can’t get discdump to find my cd and/or drive… not quite sure what’s going on with it…

i have a lite on SHM 165 P6S and want to use discdump to create a cue. image and fireburner to burn the image onto cd… i want to create a working 1:1 copy without the need for emulation that will work on dvd, cd, dvd-rw, and cd-rw drives.

Thanks for the help!

Moving to CD & DVD Copy Protection forum…

You probabaly don’t have an adaptec aspi layer on your system and discdump won’t work without it. If you wish to install adaptec aspi, version 4.60 is recommended.

i installed the adeptec aspi version 4.71.2 and ran the aspi check to be sure… the aspi check says “aspi is properly installed and fully operational”.

should i have a different version of adeptec aspi layer? if so, from where could i download it?

also, when i start discdump frontend, i choose the safedisc dump method. then i go to configuration to locate the ddump.exe and click okay. in the “select device” area, my lite on isn’t an option… there are two options that i’m not sure of the device.

it shows “PE1284K VEX 711U 1.0” and “QK0012D BQA 5910 2.0B” (whatever those are!) when i go to my device manager, my “lite on SHM 165P6S” and “HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE 8400B” are there… they just don’t show up in ddump…

when i select one of the options/devices and click “start disc dump”, a black screen does open, but prompts me to insert a cd into the drive. (the cd is already in) i tried both drives, but it’s a no-go…

any help is appreciated…

i have Windows XP, if that helps.

thanks!

i installed the adeptec aspi version 4.71.2 and ran the aspi check to be sure… the aspi check says “aspi is properly installed and fully operational”.

should i have a different version of adeptec aspi layer? if so, from where could i download it?

also, when i start discdump frontend, i choose the safedisc dump method. then i go to configuration to locate the ddump.exe and click okay. in the “select device” area, my lite on isn’t an option… there are two options that i’m not sure of the device.

it shows “PE1284K VEX 711U 1.0” and “QK0012D BQA 5910 2.0B” (whatever those are!) when i go to my device manager, my “lite on SHM 165P6S” and “HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE 8400B” are there… they just don’t show up in ddump…

when i select one of the options/devices and click “start disc dump”, a black screen does open, but prompts me to insert a cd into the drive. (the cd is already in) i tried both drives, but it’s a no-go…

any help is appreciated… :bow:

i have Windows XP, if that helps.

thanks!

As I told you in my previous post v. 4.60 is recommended.

Version 4.71.02 is absolute junk even though it is adaptec’s recommended version for WinXP. (Don’t believe them. :disagree: )

Use ForceAspi to remove the horrid and totally nasty version you’ve installed and to enable you to install v. 4.60.

thanks, philamber…

i did remove the adeptex v. 4.71.02 successfully (aspicheck says no aspi layers are installed)…

problem, however… :doh:

my computer will not allow me to install version 4.60… says “No qualified Adeptec products have been detected on this system” also says “This upgrade requires that either an Adeptec host provider or an Adeptec version of the ASPI layer be installed on your system. If you are updating a version of ASPI delivered with a non-Adeptec application then you should download and run that program’s update utility instead.” :confused:

thanks for your help…

ForceAspi will also permit you to install v. 4.60 even if you don’t have a qualifying Adaptec product. Instructions are on the site linked in my previous post. :wink:

hi,

i read through the site force aspi and only saw something on installing Windows XP… i didn’t see anything on installing Force ASPI 4.60 onto a WinXP… i know that i should be able to install 4.60 onto my WinXP, but everytime i install INSTAASPI.BAT file, reboot, then run aspi check it shows no aspi layers installed… :doh:

please help!!! :sad:

Then try the method set out in this post.