Trouble with copying Return to Castle wolfenstein

I have checked the forums and everyone says RTCW has no protection but I cannot copy it using Nero or Easy CD creator. I get errors every time, I even tried to copy the files using data CD copy and couldnt. What am I doing wrong. I am seeing alot of protection.

thanks for any help

You get errors while burning or while installing? The disc you use to read from does work I assume?!

Your reader/writer probably can’t do Disk at Once - RAW or you chose the wrong Mode for backup - Mode 2 is the choice. It’s not just the files that are copied, all sector data has to be read & written (or regenerated if it’s blank) for the CD to work.

Just about every burning proggy will do an unprotected disc but the hardware has to be capable. Look here and here for compatibility.

What do you mean backup - is there a backup option, im asking nero to make a data CD in the wizard. What should i be doing to copy wolfenstein???

i burn it whit clonecd make a image file then burn that image file to cd.Thats all:)

I just downloaded Clone CD cause someone else said the same thing, I made and image file and all it did is create a *.cda file on my cd that is useless. It shows up as 1kb and then says the disk is full. What the heck is going on. It happened exactly the same using easy CD creator - I asked for a copy and got a *.cda file.

I need help My burner is a Teac CDW58E, nero says (ID:1 HA:2) whatever that means. When I look at the Wolfenstein CD info it says its mode1 joliet.

is it the original that you game have or a copy?

uw drive wordt ondersteund door clonecd kijk maar in de help file en ga ook eens naar http://www.welcome.to/cloneclinic
naar het forum daar is soms ook wel een oplossing te vinden.

I have the special edition RTCW in the metal case $72. Its the real thing NOT a copy.

quote:
I just downloaded Clone CD cause someone else said the same thing, I made and image file and all it did is create a *.cda file on my cd that is useless. It shows up as 1kb and then says the disk is full. What the heck is going on. It happened exactly the same using easy CD creator - I asked for a copy and got a *.cda file.

this is very wierd …i presume uninstall uneasy cd creator
and install nero and clonecd again…
just copy the cd in raw mode with no options checked like there is no protection on any wolfenstein cd …as far as i know…

and try to copy on the fly so you cant make a bad image…
you can also check if there is any protection with clonyxl or something…

if this all not work …then good luck…

and whats your os?

:cool:

Originally posted by jahweh1950
uw drive wordt ondersteund door clonecd kijk maar in de help file en ga ook eens naar http://www.welcome.to/cloneclinic
naar het forum daar is soms ook wel een oplossing te vinden.

ENGLISH PLZ!

translation:

Your drive is supported by CCD, take al look in the helpfile and also visit <link above>. Goto their forum, you probably find some answers there.

I’ve made a copy with CloneCD images and one using straight DAO-RAW w/ Nero. No problems w/ either. My only guess is a lack of hardware support for such features.

My OS is Windows Me.

Why would 2 programs try to make a *.cda file when i asked for a cd copy???