Trouble with burned Bluray playback (Sony PlayStation 3)

[qanda]This thread is about the bluray player. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi

I am having a puzzling problem.
I have successfully ripped and burned 5 or 6 Bluray discs.
Some were direct clones (less than 25 gigbts) using Anydvd to harddrive and then burning discs with ImgBurn, others were large files and using tsMuxer to ‘tsMux’ down just the movie -this also ok. The successful burns were using both BD-R and BD-REdiscs. All was fine…

Since then I have tried a few others and no success…at all! Since then i have not been able to get a single successful disc. In my PS3 ( the only Bluray player I have) the screen is black and the display shows 0:00:00 for the disc file… I have tried resetting the tsMux and ImgBurn to default… but nothing helps. Frustrating because I was able to several discs …alll ok. But since one point …nothing works! wasting discs, both types. I have tried re-ripping, re-tsMux-ing, reset to default.
I have tried to rip 4 different store bought Bluray movies discs…and always the same… everything looks ok…

any ideas? I have no clue… :frowning:

thanks !

chaz

p.s - great forum here

I have found that unless you burn your Blu-ray discs as UDF 2.50 file system. The resulting disc will not play in a PS3. Fortunately I discovered this while working with a BD-RE. Nero 9 doesn’t default to UDF 2.50, not sure about Imgburn.

hi

thanks for the reply!

yes was/am using UDF 2.5…
a mystery

Mystery Solved !

I found that I had an extra video file that was being ‘tsmuxed’ in…
Get rid of any extra video files…Just keep the hi-def 1040 one…
It is a bit confusing because in theory once you have found the main m2ts movie file you should have one …but not the case

also Tru HD sound tracks can be weird duing playbaclk. it is best to click and highlight them and them convert them to AC3 sound files…

also dont forget to name the UDF file in ImgBurn…anyname…
if not player cannot read it…

Tsumux and ImgBurn are great…free ! and great…
Also good for dvds, I may never go back to Nero

happy burning !