Trouble with Ben Hur

have tried dvdfab plat 3 diff versions including the latest, dvddecrypter, and dvdshrink as well. cant use anydvd because it keeps telling me it has expired (even after deleting all the anydvd/slysoft files and reinstalling the latest version). anywhoo, i tried changing the pathplayer settings and everything but it stops after about half way. i sent the ifo’s to fengtao somehow i dont think he’s going to be emailing me to let me know when he has got it working or how he did it. So if anybody out there has some way that is 100% sure of getting it copied let me know. btw, i tried this out on 2 diff burners/readers.

[QUOTE=pythonis;2015379]have tried dvdfab plat 3 diff versions including the latest, dvddecrypter, and dvdshrink as well. cant use anydvd because it keeps telling me it has expired (even after deleting all the anydvd/slysoft files and reinstalling the latest version). anywhoo, i tried changing the pathplayer settings and everything but it stops after about half way. i sent the ifo’s to fengtao somehow i dont think he’s going to be emailing me to let me know when he has got it working or how he did it. So if anybody out there has some way that is 100% sure of getting it copied let me know. btw, i tried this out on 2 diff burners/readers.[/QUOTE]

I backup Ben Hur with no issues :clap: ,…this was done before PathPlayer was added to Platinum.
Ialso made another copy just two weeks ago … again no problem,…your problem is due to scratched and/or fingerprints try cleaning the disc (Hopefully you know how to do this the proper way)

Yeah, I created a bkup of Ben-Hur way back when with Fab 2.xxx.
This certainly isn’t a copy protection issue. My guess is you’ve got a bad disc(s)

I concur, you have a bad disc. I also did this long time ago no problem.

guess i shouldve mentioned that this was brand new disk just opened up. no scratches or fingerprints. took off the plasticwrap and popped the disk in. no success.

[QUOTE=pythonis;2015788]guess i shouldve mentioned that this was brand new disk just opened up. no scratches or fingerprints. took off the plasticwrap and popped the disk in. no success.[/QUOTE]

Could be a bad pressing or sometimes even a mark you can’t see.

I’ve had this happen before and couldn’t see any defect on the disc even when reflecting it in the light.

I normally use methylated spirits (wood alcohol I think they call it in America) on a disposable tissue to remove greasy marks or dirt on discs so I wiped it with this and lo and behold it ripped perfectly.

If cleaning it doesn’t work then by the sound of things you’ve been unfortunate enough to have bought a faulty disc.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2015810]

I normally use methylated spirits (wood alcohol I think they call it in America) on a disposable tissue to remove greasy marks or dirt on discs so I wiped it with this and lo and behold it ripped perfectly.

[/B][/QUOTE]

I’m not sure that neat meths is a safe cleaning solution - it could damage the disc surface - see here :

http://www.diskdoctor.com.au/discrepair/disc_care

[QUOTE=pythonis;2015379]have tried dvdfab plat 3 diff versions including the latest, dvddecrypter, and dvdshrink as well. cant use anydvd because it keeps telling me it has expired (even after deleting all the anydvd/slysoft files and reinstalling the latest version). anywhoo, i tried changing the pathplayer settings and everything but it stops after about half way. i sent the ifo’s to fengtao somehow i dont think he’s going to be emailing me to let me know when he has got it working or how he did it. So if anybody out there has some way that is 100% sure of getting it copied let me know. btw, i tried this out on 2 diff burners/readers.[/QUOTE]

Hi pythonis
OKHere is what I’m getting out of this issue that you are haveing
1.) DVD Decrypter is unable to rip the disc…reason for this is because it has new protection, and DVD Decrypter is out dated and no longer updated to handle them.
2.) You used up the trial time with AnyDVD so it will not work…just because you uninstall the program and all the slysoft files then reinstalled it again does not mean it will or should work. companys that make the programs would not make money if everyone was able to do this, that is why hidden files are used :bigsmile: .
3.) You have tryed DVDFab Platinum and it will not rip the disc either so you tryed 3 different version plus the latest version and still no go…posable reason being you are trying to use the program when the trial is up just like AnyDVD,…going from versions will change the trialover settings in the other folder.

If you did buy DVD Platinum and this disc is the only one that you are having trouble with that fine…But…just because it is new does not mean it is not a bad disc,m …you can use Nero CD Speed to check the disc.
Maineman my good friend has a link to the program (it is FREE) download it, install it and run the Scan Disc option this will show any damage on the disc

[QUOTE=cybmole;2015833]I’m not sure that neat meths is a safe cleaning solution - it could damage the disc surface - see here :

http://www.diskdoctor.com.au/discrepair/disc_care[/QUOTE]

Interesting.

I’m not saying that it’s impossible for alcohol to affect discs but I’ve been using it on various formats since the 1980’s and have never experienced any discernable effects.

Then again I’m only dampening a tissue with it to the extent that it evaporates from the surface of the disc instantly.

Has anyone here had any negative experiences in this regard?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2015935]Has anyone here had any negative experiences in this regard?
[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

I think this may cause this thread to go off topic …don’t you my friend :wink:

I purchased dvdfab platinum almost a year ago.

okay running a scandisk now. looking like a bad disk. the scan is 20% complete and showing 65% good and 35% bad. so…what do I do now? I bought this movie at walmart a week ago. will they exchange it? Or am I just gonna have to purchase another one and hope the new disk isnt bad as well?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2015947]I think this may cause this thread to go off topic …don’t you my friend ;)[/QUOTE]

It was meant in the context of helping the OP clean and rerip the disc but I think you’re right though in that it would attract OT responses so please ignore the question guys. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=pythonis;2016001]okay running a scandisk now. looking like a bad disk. the scan is 20% complete and showing 65% good and 35% bad. so…what do I do now? I bought this movie at walmart a week ago. will they exchange it? Or am I just gonna have to purchase another one and hope the new disk isnt bad as well?[/QUOTE]

Thought that may give you the correct answer to your Problem :cool:
sorry about bad disc :frowning:

tried returning the movie but they said only exchange due to copyright laws. of course they didnt have anymore so we either have to drive all over the city looking for another disk (that may also be bad) or wait an untold length of time for the nearby store to get another in stock. puzzled as to how walmart cant refund a person’s money for a bad disk due to copyright laws but other stores such as Hasting’s or CD Warehouse can buy a person’s used cd’s /dvd’s and resell them.

[QUOTE=pythonis;2016529]tried returning the movie but they said only exchange due to copyright laws. of course they didnt have anymore so we either have to drive all over the city looking for another disk (that may also be bad) or wait an untold length of time for the nearby store to get another in stock. puzzled as to how walmart cant refund a person’s money for a bad disk due to copyright laws but other stores such as Hasting’s or CD Warehouse can buy a person’s used cd’s /dvd’s and resell them.[/QUOTE]

Bummer
hope you did not tell them the reason for returning it was because you was unable to make a backup copy :eek: that maybe why they said something about copyrights
all ways tell them that there is something wrong with the disc and your DVD Player will not read it

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2016560]Bummer
hope you did not tell them the reason for returning it was because you was unable to make a backup copy[/QUOTE]

hope you dont think im that dumb. I was born at night but it wasnt last night.

:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=pythonis;2017111]hope you dont think im that dumb. I was born at night but it wasnt last night.[/QUOTE]

:flower:

amazon has it for 9 bucks.

walmart 30 bucks http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3999344

or walmart.com has the cartoon for 5.45 http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2145289

[QUOTE=pythonis;2017111]hope you dont think im that dumb. I was born at night but it wasnt last night.[/QUOTE]

:doh:

found this article interesting. (BTW completely on topic)