Trouble recognizing media in plextor 40/12/40A on Windows XP

vbimport

My PlexWriter 40/12/40A always show up under My Computer, and in Device Manager, the driver is up to date, and it says it’s working properly. However, when I put any media in the drive (blank, audio, software), nothing happens. So XP recognizes the drive, but the drive itself doesn’t recognize anything. I just updated my firmware to v1.05, but nothing has changed. Please help.

Hi bmoney, welcome to the forum.

Can you please give further detail about your computer? Motherboard, other burning software installed, and so on?

Regards, ET

Originally posted by bmoney

My PlexWriter 40/12/40A always show up under My Computer, and in Device Manager, the driver is up to date, and it says it’s working properly. However, when I put any media in the drive (blank, audio, software), nothing happens. So XP recognizes the drive, but the drive itself doesn’t recognize anything. I just updated my firmware to v1.05, but nothing has changed. Please help.
Check your ASPI :

Try running the self diagnostics test to see if there is a problem with the drive. If you can, try the drive in another computer and see if it works properly there. If not your drive is probably defective… Please report back if you need more help!

In addition to the self check, check the LED with the jumpers set normally for any blink codes. If you put in a CD-R, the LED should go amber for about 10 seconds and then a solid green as the drive reads the ATIP and initializes. Any problems reading and initializing will end up with a blink pattern.