Trouble putting my hard drive into new enclosure

vbimport

I just recently bought this; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145287
to go into this enclosure; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817173042

The enclosure came with a silver metal bracket, from what I can see this is an esata bracket, does this go in the enclosure somewhere? or is it for a computer? I am not looking for esata, I just wanted to make an external hard drive that I can connect through USB right now.

the hitiachi hard drive came with a red SATA cable, & I tried to fit it in the enclosure, but it does not seem to fit into any of the hookups inside.

I am a little lost, did I buy the wrong enclosure for the hard drive?

The silver metal bracket goes inside the computer in an empty slot for eSATA and no the red
SATA cable that came with the hdd is for using the hdd inside the computer. The enclosure has
built in connectors for the power and SATA plug in all you have to do is put the hdd in there and
push it into place very slowly so that it lines up with the built in connectors and then screw the
screws into the slots in the enclosure into the hdd to hold the hdd in place and your done. :wink:

Oh, so I do not need any cables? it just sits & fits in there? what is to stop it from slipping from its place? how do I know it is hooked up adequately?

[QUOTE=Sossity;2489852]Oh, so I do not need any cables? it just sits & fits in there? what is to stop it from slipping from its place? how do I know it is hooked up adequately?[/QUOTE]

That is why I said to use the screws to hold it in place it has places for the screws
to go through and into the hdd. The only cable you will need is the USB cable that
came with the enclosure and the power adapter. There is only 1 way the hdd will fit
into the enclosure just make sure the plug-ins on the drive line up with the plug-ins in
the enclosure it will be a tight fit to get them to plug together but once they plug in and
you have the hdd screwed down good and tight and the power cable and the USB cable
hooked up you should be good to go.

Here is where everything goes.

[QUOTE=getit29;2490270]That is why I said to use the screws to hold it in place it has places for the screws
to go through and into the hdd. The only cable you will need is the USB cable that
came with the enclosure and the power adapter. There is only 1 way the hdd will fit
into the enclosure just make sure the plug-ins on the drive line up with the plug-ins in
the enclosure it will be a tight fit to get them to plug together but once they plug in and
you have the hdd screwed down good and tight and the power cable and the USB cable
hooked up you should be good to go.

Here is where everything goes.[/QUOTE]

thank you for taking the time to make the diagram for me, I went back & figured out how it fitted & it clicked in, & I found where the screws hold the hard drive in place, I now have it up & running & am transferring all my music files over to it; albums in flac, mp3 formats as well as my itunes folder.

[QUOTE=Sossity;2490400]thank you for taking the time to make the diagram for me, I went back & figured out how it fitted & it clicked in, & I found where the screws hold the hard drive in place, I now have it up & running & am transferring all my music files over to it; albums in flac, mp3 formats as well as my itunes folder.[/QUOTE]

I was happy to help and glad to hear you have it up and running now. :iagree: