Trouble playing CDRs in car. Anybody know a good CD player for this?

I recently bought a new cd player, and now I can’t play the majority of my cdrs (a couple hundred). The cd plays fine for a while, but after a few songs I get static which gets worse and worse as time goes on. I hear this is a somewhat common problem. So, does anybody know which cd players that are able to play these cdrs with no problems? Every cd player out there claims it is CDR compatible, including the one I purchased, which obviously is not.

You could do some experimenting with different cdr media. Quality brands often makes a difference. I highly recommend Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim (Verbatim are often TY’s). This solution will of cause not do any good, with the 200 Cdr’s you’ve already have got.

Well, I actually use verbatim already, and it’s not making a difference. It really doesn’t matter what media I use. I’ve used maxell, verbatim, imation, and fuji. They all do the same thing. The solution will have to be in the CD player.

Well, the Plex Premium and the Yamaha are able to use different write strategies and/or gigarec option of 0.8 or 0.6. This might help.

Originally posted by urvieh
Well, the Plex Premium and the Yamaha are able to use different write strategies and/or gigarec option of 0.8 or 0.6. This might help.

Good thinking urvieh :cool: , unfortunately not all have access to those drives. By the way, most plextors can use the varirec (changing of the laser power) feature, not only the Premium.

@ childrenskunk. What burner do you have? What software do you use? To you, these questions may sounds ludicrous, but it sometimes has an influence.

Well, I use nero, but I’m not sure what kind of drive I have. It came with the computer. That is irrelevant only in that I already have hundreds of burned cds. I am not going to burn them again, so I need something that will work with what i’ve already got.

Originally posted by childrenskunk
That is irrelevant only in that I already have hundreds of burned cds. I am not going to burn them again, so I need something that will work with what i’ve already got.

Well, your right… it went a little off topic. I had a JVC car player that played just about everything. Unfortunately it was stolen, and I can’t remember the name of the exact model. So I woun’t be of much help , I’m afraid.

Well, I bought a pioneer today. I’m going to give that a shot. If that doesn’t work i’ll go with a JVC. I was looking at those today, and they looked nice. Thanks