Trouble Copying with Nero 5.5.6.4

At the moment I’m having trouble with Nero 5.5.6.4. whenever I try to copy a CD or write from an image file it doesn’t want to cache the files and aborts the copying. It’s an Acer 1832a burner (32x10x8x) with Windows XP.

try to re-install nero

Do you have file on cd or nti cd software installed??? These softwares require your old .dll files for nero to be renamed and results in nero not working. if so or not just re-install

I have tryed a reinstall a few times but it is still going it. And the only other CD Burning program I use at all is Clone CD:eek:

I’m having similar problems. Burning data compilations I create is no problem at all, but the drive chokes after writing lead-in when I do on-the-fly copies. Burn aborts with an “Unspecified recorder error”, and the log dumps don’t give me any more help than that.

The source drive for the on-the-fly copy is a Lite-On LTD163 DVDROM drive – #2 overall at the CDSpeed2000 homepage (it does 20-48X data AND audio extraction). I’m only trying to burn with a Plextor 121032A – tried both 8x and 12x burns, same result – so the LiteOn should be more than fast enough.

Ants, Try just doing it without on the fly ticked as I have been told to make an image first. Other than that I’m not sure what else you could try

-for caching files, a certain amount of free harddrive space is needed
-file caching settins need to be correct in order to function properly
-is the dma setting on your drives turned on or off?

Originally posted by GhostBear
Ants, Try just doing it without on the fly ticked as I have been told to make an image first. Other than that I’m not sure what else you could try

Well, the whole point of the exercise is that burning on the fly is faster… I can burn images just fine.

Dee-ehn: The drives I am using for caching have over 10GB free, each. What file caching settings would you recommend? And DMA is turned on for both drives.

it might be worth having a look inside you pc to see how the drives are connected and configured if you have two ide’s ports

then your hard drive should be on the first one

the other both your rom units with the writer being the master and the reader being the slave

i have mine this way and never had any problems with it

Standard, Nero only caches files from a network-computer, from a disc and smaller than 64k. My experience tells me that this factory-setting is enough on most systems (it even works fine for a 16x writer in a P1!).

You could try enlarge the number of files that’s being cached by increasing the 64KB to let’s say 2048KB…

Do you have a so called logfile? If you have, just send it to techsupport2@nero.com

One small tip for burning "On the Fly’

Connect your reader and driver on diferent IDE channels. This trully helps to minimize buffer underrun errors…even some versions of Nero warns about this potentiall problem.

That’s true, because on an IDE bus it is not possible to read and write at the same time. It is really recommended to have the devices connected on different busses ( if possible ).

NeRoTeCh

Ants>>> I know that it is meant to be faster but it is also a pain in the butt as well, Just speaking from my own experance with doing copies on the fly, It has toasted a few disks on me. I never said that it wasn’t any good or anything just going from my own experance with it.

I have now also just had to do a fresh install of XP and all my programs and am still getting the same problem over again. Why doesn’t my copy of Nero like image files that it has just made, or image files in general I should say

Yeah, I’ve got my Plex and my reader on the same IDE channel. It’s tricky, because I don’t want the burner as slave on IDE1 since it tends to freeze the channel while writing lead-in (which is bad if it’s on the same channel as my system drive), but I don’t want the Lite-On on IDE1 either because copying things from the DVDROM to my main drive will be slow there too (especially for things like DVD ripping).

As it stands now, I’ve got my system drive on IDE1, master, with a separate drive for my FTP server as the slave. Then on IDE2 I’ve got the Plex as master and the Lite-On as slave… not much room for shuffling IDE devices.

I might look into getting a PCI IDE card and stick the Plex on there, the cards are pretty cheap these days; anyone know if that’s a bad idea?

Originally posted by GhostBear
[B]Ants>>> I know that it is meant to be faster but it is also a pain in the butt as well, Just speaking from my own experance with doing copies on the fly, It has toasted a few disks on me. I never said that it wasn’t any good or anything just going from my own experance with it.

I have now also just had to do a fresh install of XP and all my programs and am still getting the same problem over again. Why doesn’t my copy of Nero like image files that it has just made, or image files in general I should say [/B]

Do you have aspi drivers installed?
Also,if you use windows XP pro,you have to disable the native burning program…It’s a light-Roxio version…so Nero can have trouble to work properly …

Roadworker>>>>> How do you diable the ones for XP???