Trouble copying The Sims - Double Deluxe

I am currently having a problem with my burned copy of The Sims - Double Deluxe. When I first tried to copy Disc 1, it encountered an error and it messed up my first disc. Then, I figured if I EXPLORED the disc drive and copied the contents from there to a folder in My Documents and THEN burned that, it would work all the same! So, I did all four discs that way and they all seemed to work fine. They all installed okay and everything was running smoothly… Until I tried to play the game. When I put the play disc into the drive, it told me to put the correct CD ROM into the drive! I don’t know what went wrong with it! Everything else worked fine! Is there anything I can do to make my disc work? Or am I just screwed? Please give me an answer because I would really like to play my game.

Thanks a whole bunch,

misanthropy26

>Then, I figured if I EXPLORED the disc drive and copied the
>contents from there to a folder in My Documents and THEN
>burned that, it would work all the same!

Hehe, even rudimentary copy protection defeats a drag ‘n’ drop. The discs have to be copied ‘bit by bit’ with the entire disc structure intact and the protection also defeated (copied over as well).

You’ll get a bit of a ribbing over your post, but hey, we can still help you :slight_smile:

The Sims Double Deluxe combines the full version of The Sims with the first two expansion packs in the series.

The Sims Livin’ Large and The Sims House Party.

The third post here will guide you on identifying the copy protection. Give it a try and report back with the SafeDisc versions. They could be the same as the original releases but we’d be very interested in the result

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]>Then, I figured if I EXPLORED the disc drive and copied the
>contents from there to a folder in My Documents and THEN
>burned that, it would work all the same!

Hehe, even rudimentary copy protection defeats a drag ‘n’ drop. The discs have to be copied ‘bit by bit’ with the entire disc structure intact and the protection also defeated (copied over as well).

You’ll get a bit of a ribbing over your post, but hey, we can still help you :slight_smile:

The Sims Double Deluxe combines the full version of The Sims with the first two expansion packs in the series.

The Sims Livin’ Large and The Sims House Party.

The third post here will guide you on identifying the copy protection. Give it a try and report back with the SafeDisc versions. They could be the same as the original releases but we’d be very interested in the result [/B]

his/her post is quite humorus…you should make a sticky hall of fame and post these classics! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi. I Just went out and bought: “The Sims: Mega Deluxe” The copy protections on the Four Disc’s are:

1. The Sims (CD1) - SafeDisc V2
  2. The Sims (CD2) - N/A.
  3. The Sims House Party - SafeDisc V2
  4. The Sims Hot Date - SafeDisc V2

Now the question I have is. Can anyone help me BackUp My New Games? Thanks - PunK

I have tried CloneCD with the SafeDisc 2 Profiles from MakeABackup.com or some website like that. None of them work.

:bow: FutureProof is the master of the safedisc protection, as I will soon show you.

Now this does depend on what type of drive you have, if it’s a two-sheep burner, you are in the clear. I have seen some 1-sheepers work to, it’s hit and miss.
Check my signature for the sheep test.

Head over to FutureProof’s guide to Safedisc supremacy:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=78690

it will guide you to truth.