Trouble! Copying Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction

vbimport

I know that this topic is a little bit out-of-date but, before you even start to ask anything about my spec, my whatever, please look carefully at the given screenshot below.

*if you can’t see this image, look for the optional link below.

Alright, problem persist ONLY with my D2 LOD game cd. Tried to copy the god damn game almost a month now with no success. Copied D2 and other programs with no problem using cloneCD (v.3.0.7.2) - registered. Looks like there is something REALLY WRONG with sector 257875 or whatever that is. :rolleyes:

Tech. Spec. :
PC.
HP Pavilion 8526

Method tried:
both copy-on-the-fly and cd image
Closed ALL running programs
both MAX and MIN reading speed

I tried to ignore the reading problem and just burn the damn cd :cool: , but the problem doesn’t seem to go away.

How to help. :smiley:

1. Forum Support - cdfreaks.com
  2. Send me if possible the ‘image’ of D2 LOD! That’s right, I’m desperate to make a copy for my game.

Thank you for your continuous support and my ‘boring’ technical question ;).

I LOVE YOU ALL!

*Screenshot link - Click on copye.jpg (it’s the only image file anyway)

Do u know what type of protection the game uses? This will help you figure out how to copy the game. If you don’t already have it download Clony XL, it is a protection scanner that will tell you what type protection that is on the CD. Get Clony XL here. If it is Safedisc 2 you may not be able to copy it because your burner may not be able the write the game correctly. So then you’ll have a few options on how to by pass this problem. Read here. You can also try to find a fixed .exe for the game at GameCopyWorld.

aka BlackAcidDevil

As far as the reading goes, the question u asked, in CloneCD try clicking the Fast Error Skip box only. Then set the Fast Error Skip settings to: read retires 3 and error correction to none. Also ClonyXL will set the read and write settings for you after it scanned the CD for it’s type of protection.

aka BlackAcidDevil

In reply of #2

Yes I do know that the protection they use is the new Securom. Do you have or know a working solution? I would really really really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

In reply of #3

I hope Clony will produce a better English version. :cool:

So, no ‘working’ solution here or what?! :rolleyes:

If not, I had the exact same problem try to clone the D2: LOD Cd.

Eventually I made I perfect clone with CloneCD 3.0.9.1.
{Done with a Sony CRX 160-E CD writer (12x/8x/32x)}
{It even works with a CD-RW so don’t worry about wasting CDs when cloning.}

Read Settings:
Read Data subchannel checked.
Read Audio subchannel checked (but I doubt if it has to be.)
All other settings not checked.
{I read the CD at x1 speed, but I reckon you can read at about max x8}

Write settings:
ONLY check the close session option.

Try it on a rewritable CD, so you have nothing to loose.
{It uses Secrurom *New protection.}
:wink:

Unfortunetly, I have not solved the problem.
But I got around of it and asked blizzard to send me a new working cd. they did. :slight_smile: