Trouble converting to Flash video (flv) format

Hi guys,

I trying to use, the “File to Mobile” function to convert MP4 video files to the Flash Video format (flv). The video converts just fine, but the audio does not convert.

Has ANYONE been able to convert MP4 files successfully to FLV?

-IP

I only have the trial version of DVDFab & it should have expired but it let me do it this way.
Select:
1.File to Mobile
2.Generic
3.Select: Source:Then file icon upper right corner.Select the MP4 video file you want to convert.
4.Create a target folder if you don’t already have one.
5.Select Next
6. Select Conversion Settings lower right corner.In the Device right pulldown select youtube.flv.flv1.mp3
I also found it here:
7.Sometimes this setting “disappeared” I don’t know why.
I also found it here:See image below.
Then select start & you should have an .flv file.

[QUOTE=cholla;2414825] Then select start & you should have an .flv file.[/QUOTE]Thanks. I have been able to create a FLV file, my problem is that there is no audio track that works.

At this point I think it must be a bug with the software.

-IP.

The Audio track on the one I did worked fine.
The audio stream of the .mp4 was ACC LC & after the conversion by DVDFab the .flv audio stream is .mp3

[QUOTE=cholla;2414999]The Audio track on the one I did worked fine.
The audio stream of the .mp4 was ACC LC & after the conversion by DVDFab the .flv audio stream is .mp3[/QUOTE]Huh. I’ll be darned. Is that Nora Jones MP4 available on the net? I’d like to be able to recreate what you’ve done. So far none of my MP4 (with AAC audio) converts properly to FLV (as the audio does not work).

Thanks,
-IP

[QUOTE=cholla;2414999]The Audio track on the one I did worked fine.
The audio stream of the .mp4 was ACC LC & after the conversion by DVDFab the .flv audio stream is .mp3[/QUOTE] As a followup to my note just a few moments ago, there is a 27 second MP4 available for download here: http://vimeo.com/4946576

This was one of the MP4 files that I was not able to convert to FLV. Do you mind giving this a go and letting me know if the audio comes thru for you?

Best,
-IP

Again it worked fine Audio & video too.
I’m using version 6.0.2.2
The Nora Jones .mp4 was originally a YouTube .flv .I just had it on my HDD so I used it for the first test.
I usually don’t use DVDFab for conversions of this type.Actually it shouldn’t still be working to do this since it is past the trial period.The free version after the trial is supposed to lose this feature.
Normally I use Format Factory for this type conversion.
I downloaded the .mp4 from your link with Orbit.
Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=IrishPrince;2414814]Hi guys,

I trying to use, the “File to Mobile” function to convert MP4 video files to the Flash Video format (flv). The video converts just fine, but the audio does not convert.

Has ANYONE been able to convert MP4 files successfully to FLV?

-IP[/QUOTE]

I’ve never converted files in that specific manner, but I have used Replay Converter to convert in other ways.

In checking their site, they claim you can convert files that way.

[QUOTE=cholla;2415594]Again it worked fine Audio & video too.
I’m using version 6.0.2.2
The Nora Jones .mp4 was originally a YouTube .flv .I just had it on my HDD so I used it for the first test.
I usually don’t use DVDFab for conversions of this type.Actually it shouldn’t still be working to do this since it is past the trial period.The free version after the trial is supposed to lose this feature.
Normally I use Format Factory for this type conversion.
I downloaded the .mp4 from your link with Orbit.
Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the tips. I’m using the latest version, 6.0.4.0 and have not tried going from MP4 to FLV with other versions. Since it’s working for you, I think that something must have gotten broken in the later version?

I’d rather stick with DVDFab if I can (as I paid for the File to Mobile option). But I may want to try Format Factory to see how that works.

Thanks for the help.
-IP

Since the older version I’m using is doing more than it’s supposed to I will probably keep it for a while.
I was hoping someone with the latest version would jump in & say whether theirs would do this type conversion.
Most of the time I don’t need the latest version of DVDFab because I use AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 for my movie backup copies.Once in a while DVDFab will be ahead of AnyDVD but I usually just wait .
I have found Format Factory handy.If you use it when you are selecting the type file you are converting to.Push the Output setting button.If you highlight an item in the list many will have a pulldown where you can make settings.Video size for example.

Playing back in VLC I get the following error message: No suitable decoder module: VLC does not support the audio or video format, “undf”.

So… DVDFab is saving “undf” in the audio field for the codex name.

Ting? Anyone watching this thread?

-IP

Download Media Info it’s freeware .Read the file you are working with What are the Audio & video types listed by it?

[QUOTE=cholla;2416297]Download Media Info it’s freeware .Read the file you are working with What are the Audio & video types listed by it?[/QUOTE]Ok. This cheeseburger video: http://vimeo.com/4946576 has the following (MP4):

Audio: 140 kbps, 44.1 KHz, 2 channels, AAC (Version 4) (LC)
Video: MPEG-4 (Base Media / Version 2), 603 kbps (600 kps), 640x368 (16:9) at 30.000 fps, AVC (High @ L3.0) (CABAC / 4 Ref Frames)

After I convert to FLV:
Audio
Duration : 26s 500ms
Bit rate : 125 Kbps
Sampling rate : 22.05 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits
Stream size : 404 KiB (15%)

I’m going to post some Images of the cheese burger video.
The stats on the .mp4 are the same as yours.
The stats on the DVDFab conversion to a .flv are some different.
In your post it doesn’t show the audio is .mp3 or MPEG­2 Audio layer 3 .
The bit rate is different & mine doesn’t show a Stream size.
It’s possibe this is a new addition to the program & I may need to update.
Is the audio after the conversion .mp3 ?
I tried to shorten the .flv & post a .zip file but I coundn’t get it small enough.It was down to .8 second & the editor I use just wouldn’t let me work it down any smaller.

This is a zip file of the .mp3 converted from the .flv converted by DVDFab from the cheese burger .mp4 .
I did the conversion with Format Factory.
You can hear the audio fine.So for me DVDFab did a good conversion to .flv.

3254227.zip (90.4 KB)