Trouble Burning

vbimport

Hey,

Can anyone help having trouble burning… I’ve attached a log… Can’t figure it out… Have tried several programs. Uninstalled - reinstalled cd drivers.

[quote=mickblake;2180696]Hey,

Can anyone help having trouble burning… I’ve attached a log… Can’t figure it out… Have tried several programs. Uninstalled - reinstalled cd drivers.[/quote]
What are you trying to burn? Download ImgBurn it is free and is much better than nero

Im just trying to back up dvd’s.

It appears you are trying to burn on your laptop and it does not like your drive/ media combo. What media are you using? What model is your laptop?

My PC is a HP Pavilion dv5000, laptop… I am using Imation DVD-R 16x.

You say you are backing up dvds? If these are commercially made dvd movies, they will need to be decrypted first.

If you already know this and have decrypted them, please ignore my contribution here. :slight_smile:

Do you have any other media? Your log shows that your drive can not read that media correctly.

Yeah i know about that thanks Kerry. I also noticed when using the program that is built-in vista that it couldn’t even detect that I was using a blank DVD. Not sure if this will assist.

Oh? Ok… I’ll have to go get some and try… Thanks Jethro

Get some verbatim 8x if you can find them or 16x if not.