Trouble burning Semi-Pro

vbimport

i tried all 3 version of dvd fab and the same results. . .it never finishes analyzing dvd. . .anyone else having problems?

[QUOTE=caligreen20;2066260]i tried all 3 version of dvd fab and the same results. . .it never finishes analyzing dvd. . .anyone else having problems?[/QUOTE]

Open common settings and click on “Pathplayer” on the left side and disable pathplayer, if the DVD has any scratches on it this can cause the program to stay in the analyzing stage for some time, also if you have another drive you may want to try it to read the disc.
Some drives do have trouble reading some dvd structures, I have this issue sometimes and switch to another drive and have no problems after that.
You can also scan the disc with nero cd speed to check for bad sectors which can also cause this issue.

I got past the first step, but at 4% it keeps saying read/right error.I put the original copy in my dvd player and it worked fine.it is reigon 1 unrated edition.I have tried every combination.In custom in the little viewer it sticks at the same place every time and locked the program up twice. Will pick up another copy tomorrow and keep you posted.

exchanged my copy for a new one . same problem,gets to 2.9 percent and says read error. it has no problem analizing disk but no matter what combination i use it will not go past that point.It has to versions on the disk so i tried to use main movie or customize to try to copy the other version but it locks up on chapter 31 amd will not change.I have never posted a log before if someone will tell me how i will put one up to see if any one can see a problem. Thank you for your help.

Goto the settings in DVDFab.
Select 'Information’
Copy and paste the information about the DVD into a posting window here.

since I am new at this copy and paste thing would you please send me instructions as to how you do it, as childish as it seems, and then I will do it. Thank you.

Click the left mouse button at the start of the text you wish to copy and hold the button down, and drag until the end of the selection. Then release the button and right click , and select copy from the Edit menu.

To paste the text into a post window, right click in the posting window , and select paste from the edit menu.

Info for drive [F:] (DVDFab Platinum 5.0.2.5)
Drive region: 1

Disc type: Video DVD
Disc region: 1
Volume name: SEMI_PRO_D1
Video standard: NTSC
Layer 0 size: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Layer 1 size: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is removed!
RC (Region Code) protection is removed!
RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
UOPs (User Operation Prohobitions) protection is removed!

Invalid PTTs protection is not found.
Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
Invalid CELLs protection is removed!
Invalid VOBUs protection is not found.
Fake vts protection is not found!
Potential bad sector (vts:13 title begin:0 end:32199) is removed!
1 potential bad sector protections are removed!
Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is removed!

PathPlayer is disabled.

Thank you i hope this will help,i have now tried another disk same result.

I think for that DVD that PathPlayer is needed to be enabled or it will not find all protected sectors. I’ve never seen a protected sector disc that don’t have the main movie not protected.

As your reading error happens at around 2.9% it sounds as it’s in the initial part of the main movies VTS.

As you also posted that the PathPlayer analyzes forever, you should use the button in the ‘Information’ window to ‘Send IFO files’ to Fengato. It might be that it’s a new type of protection that is not covered by the latest version of DVDFab.

the disk didnt take long to analize for me,that was another person,it only takes about 30 seconds. sent fengtao the files already.it’s a new line movie they are the ones who tried the fake vobs,this is something new.not going to return any more copys until i know for sure.will wati to see if anybody else has better luck.thenk you for your help Gummigutta.

[QUOTE=csbond2;2067330]the disk didnt take long to analize for me,that was another person,it only takes about 30 seconds. sent fengtao the files already.it’s a new line movie they are the ones who tried the fake vobs,this is something new.not going to return any more copys until i know for sure.will wati to see if anybody else has better luck.thenk you for your help Gummigutta.[/QUOTE]I guess you have tried to have PathPlayer enabled when you copy this DVD. It was just the part in the log that

PathPlayer is disabled.
made me think you had it disabled just because you had problems with the analyze if it was enabled. :slight_smile:

Those New Line DVDs seems to create a new protection variation every month. :a

tried it enabled,disabled,andwhen nessessary.Made sure i tried every thing before i posted,but thanks for checking behind me.

[QUOTE=csbond2;2067330]the disk didnt take long to analize for me,that was another person,it only takes about 30 seconds. sent fengtao the files already.it’s a new line movie they are the ones who tried the fake vobs,this is something new.not going to return any more copys until i know for sure.will wati to see if anybody else has better luck.thenk you for your help Gummigutta.[/QUOTE]

This thread was started by [B]caligreen20[/B] and AFAIK the OP has not gotten the issue fixed, [B]csbond2[/B] not nice to “HiJack” another members thread to solve yours :frowning:
Have a nice day :flower:

nomatter how you set it up it will not allow pathplayer to enable even tried to do main movie and custom it freezes and will not let you change which files you want to choose

[quote=StormJumper;2067349]This thread was started by [B]caligreen20[/B] and AFAIK the OP has not gotten the issue fixed, [B]csbond2[/B] not nice to “HiJack” another members thread to solve yours :frowning:
Have a nice day :flower:[/quote]
I thought you were not suppose to start another thread about the same subject. i was trying to help with the problem. My apologies if i was mistaken ,my comments were on the same movie.I thought that was what this forum was for.if I am wrong please let me know and i will keep my imformation to my self.If you take the time to read all the posts you will see that i was responding to his post.I want to abide by the rules but some where along the line if what you say is true i heve missunderstood.:confused:

Both the OP and csbond2 have the same basic problem with this DVD, so posting in the same thread can’t hurt. :slight_smile:

Thank you.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2067403]Both the OP and csbond2 have the same basic problem with this DVD, so posting in the same thread can’t hurt. :)[/QUOTE]

Post#1

[QUOTE=caligreen20;2066260].[B]it never finishes analyzing [/B][/QUOTE]

Post#4

Ok if you say so, my one good eye must be over looking something
:doh:

The basic problem is that neither of them can rip the DVD. :slight_smile:

[quote=StormJumper;2067423]Post#1

Post#4

Ok if you say so, my one good eye must be over looking something
:doh:[/quote]
what you are over looking is this thred is about problems with the movie semi pro. and the op asked if any one else had problems and i answered.as i said before it is and was not my intention to do wrong we seem to be on the wrong page so i will not post on this thred again.Please understand I have no hard feelings ,as i said before i was only tring to help .This looks like a new copy protection and i though more information would be helpfull.am i suppose to start a new thred on the same movie.I have seen moderators ask people not to do that.i will be looking for any anwsers to these questions or the ones that i asked in you in my last post. Thank you and sorry for any inconvence.:sad: