Trouble burning El Cantante

Title says it all. Did a search but keeps coming up on italian chat.
Using latest & greatest AnyDVD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

thanks!

more info would be helpful
I managed in movie only with AD 6193 AIS enabled +clonedvd 2912

WTF
the rip took 23 mins!!! on my SAMSUNG 203B SATA
took only 11 mins on my lite-on 16P9S IDE

It’s another of those X-Protect discs from Newline I believe. Make sure AnyDVD is set to defaults before attempting this movie. Specifically the AI Scanner settings should be default. Otherwise you will indeed have issues with this disc from what I’ve read. Also, if you’re having problems with it, make sure to use the AnyDVD Ripper. That should work fine.

Zaq, I have no idea what’s causing that issue. Very odd.

I wonder if the X_protect gives Sammy SATA 203B a hard time to rip?
Can anybody else test/confirm?
TIA

Part of the problem why it’s refusing to burn is from a no-class, no-talent singer/actress (Lopez) that was only able to have a career and to jumpstart it by building on a successful and truly talented performer (Selena); had she never had the role (and she never should have, as there were at least 2 far better, actually qualified actresses to play Selena). Believe me your DVD burner is doing you a BIG favor!! LOL

[QUOTE=zaq;1922523]I wonder if the X_protect gives Sammy SATA 203B a hard time to rip?
Can anybody else test/confirm?
TIA[/QUOTE]

If DVDFab 4.0.0.0 or above does’nt copy that movie in Full Disc mode then you have a problem somewhere. Version 3.1.8.0 won’t copy it. There is a ton of sh** on that DVD and if you look in windiows its over 8gb. But it copies no problem and the movie sux but i copied it anyway! to DL ( D9) not to a SL (D5). Also the original DVD would’nt play in one of my DVD players when it got to the main menu it just stood there like a fewl. But the original played back in a few other players i have and so does the copy.

[QUOTE=Quema34;1922558]Part of the problem why it’s refusing to burn is from a no-class, no-talent singer/actress (Lopez) that was only able to have a career and to jumpstart it by building on a successful and truly talented performer (Selena); had she never had the role (and she never should have, as there were at least 2 far better, actually qualified actresses to play Selena). Believe me your DVD burner is doing you a BIG favor!! LOL[/QUOTE]

WOW! OK I was expecting help and almost spit my drink all over my monitor, thanks HAHA. I can’t stand her but I am a Marc Anthony fan and I love salsa music. :iagree:

<deleted>

agree
JL films SUX big time
but kids and their friends love her
so anytime kids want to handle dvds constantly = backup

as far as protection goes
lot of junk to cause troubles but is easily doable with current s/w from SS

DVDfab 4000b is unable to do it

@Browndevil
did you manage a backup?
enable AnyDVD AI scanner under settings to "“very fast” and it should work

[QUOTE=zaq;1922816]agree
JL films SUX big time
but kids and their friends love her
so anytime kids want to handle dvds constantly = backup

as far as protection goes
lot of junk to cause troubles but is easily doable with current s/w from SS

DVDfab 4000b is unable to do it[/QUOTE]

DVDFab 4000b is able to do it because i used it and did a FULL COPY aka D9 ( dl+r). If your doing it on SL disc i have no idea about that status. A matter of fact i also copied it with 1Click DVD Pro 3.1.9.0 and AnyDVD 6.1.9.3 but again DL not SL. I would i agree to this, DVDFab 3.1.8.0 can’t copy it. Trust me i copy more DL then most peeps. Ciao!, Good Luck, P.S. Because of the crap on this disc i even seen the original disc not be able to be played back in some standalone players. I seen the original disc play as far as the main menu and just stay there and do nothing and look stupid. In some other standalones the original works. The copy will work the same way it will work in some standalones and won’t work in others. So if your original does’nt go past the main menu the copy won’t either.

I apologize for gong off-topic for that, but I couldn’t resist the temptation to comment. Back on topic…

I would think perhaps the most recent version of AnyDVD would solve that problem, as one of the problems named seemed to have been corrected (the AI mechanism in AnyDVD) by the new version, since the change from this most recent version over the last one changed many things the AI part was manipulating differently. That’s all I can contribute to the discussion–except for one way to prevent burning to DVD,playing and realizing your backup doesn’t work: use a playing program like PowerDVD to play your backup video files before burning to DVD. Then, if it doesn’t play seamlessly from there, you know your backup is junk and you save a DVD.

[QUOTE=greengiant2315;1922914]DVDFab 4000b is able to do it because i used it and did a FULL COPY aka D9 ( dl+r). If your doing it on SL disc i have no idea about that status. A matter of fact i also copied it with 1Click DVD Pro 3.1.9.0 and AnyDVD 6.1.9.3 but again DL not SL. I would i agree to this, DVDFab 3.1.8.0 can’t copy it. Trust me i copy more DL then most peeps. Ciao!, Good Luck, P.S. Because of the crap on this disc i even seen the original disc not be able to be played back in some standalone players. I seen the original disc play as far as the main menu and just stay there and do nothing and look stupid. In some other standalones the original works. The copy will work the same way it will work in some standalones and won’t work in others. So if your original does’nt go past the main menu the copy won’t either.[/QUOTE]

Let me clarify for you
dvdfab 4000b did not copy movie only mode
it errored out at about 96%
as would AD if not set for AIS enabled

Also it would not hurt to try another mode ie SL before posting “a I don’t know about the status…” deal
you could easily delete the backup and would take about 10 mins of your time and thus add to the current knowledge base of a problematic title
Cheers

I think most people (peeps aka to you) do SL movie only mode:flower:

[QUOTE=zaq;1923182]Let me clarify for you
dvdfab 400b did not copy movie only mode

I think most people (peeps aka to you) do SL movie only mode:flower:[/QUOTE]

If most ppl do SL thats there business, I do a movie as close to 100% original as possible. Read this: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f88/meet-robinsons-el-cantante-problems-where-ppl-231204/

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;1921991]It’s another of those X-Protect discs from Newline I believe. Make sure AnyDVD is set to defaults before attempting this movie. Specifically the AI Scanner settings should be default. Otherwise you will indeed have issues with this disc from what I’ve read. Also, if you’re having problems with it, make sure to use the AnyDVD Ripper. That should work fine.

Zaq, I have no idea what’s causing that issue. Very odd.[/QUOTE]

I think its due to connecting to the MB that has SATA set as ACHI instead of IDE

That’s good to know. Eventually when I replace my DVD burner with something more HD-like I will go the SATA route. I’ll make sure to stay aware of that issue.

[QUOTE=zaq;1923182]Let me clarify for you
dvdfab 4000b did not copy movie only mode

Also it would not hurt to try another mode ie SL before posting “a I don’t know about the status…” deal
you could easily delete the backup and would take about 10 mins of your time and thus add to the current knowledge base of a problematic title
Cheers

I think most people (peeps aka to you) do SL movie only mode:flower:[/QUOTE]

You should say anyone having a problem copy whatever in D5 movie only mode would of helped. BTW ask the person who wrote the software why you can’t copy it. To tell you the truth new copy protection could come out in 1 hr. Within another hour i’ll copy that DVD with no ones help as long as that DVD plays in a standalone player there’s nothing they can do, EDIT BY forum Moderator.

@Sami
I will post my findings on this SATA drive in a more pertinent sub-forum
CIAO

Can you PM me with a link to it when you post it? Thanks!!

[QUOTE=zaq;1922820]@Browndevil
did you manage a backup?
enable AnyDVD AI scanner under settings to "“very fast” and it should work[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately no. I do have my AI scanner set to very fast (by default) as well as the rest of the setting on there are checked by default. This is what I got so far. ClondDVD 2.9.0.8. and latest AnyDVD will not rip it. But I did rip it with AnyDVD alone to the HD. Where to from here??

Just an FYI tidbit, I’ve almost ALWAYS just popped in a DVD and used Any/Clone and that was it. Had issue with Stealth couple years ago and followed the directions on a thread here and it worked. So forgive me if I make you guys scratch your heads a little when I say what’s next :stuck_out_tongue: