Trouble Burning DVD's

vbimport

I am using DVD Santa to burn my movies. The first few movies worked perfect. Now when i burn a movie and try to play it on my DVD player it plays in fast forward. I am new at this, so I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

well not knowing anything about your computer setup or how you have dvd santa configured. i would guess you are using low quality media you picked up at wal-mart and burning too fast. or dvd santa is junk.

please tell us more details.

I have Vista. I’m not sure about DVD Santa. Like I said I’m new to all of this, so i’m not sure how DVD Santa should be confiqured. I know I haven’t changed anything on it. When I first started using it, it worked great on the first 3 movies. Then 2 movies played like someone was hiting the skip button. One movie played in fast forward.

are you using it to convert and burn avi files?

yes. I’m encoding and burning with DVD Santa. The first ones I encoded and burned are ok. I can even burn them using DVD Shrink, but the other 3 are not being reconigized with DVD Shrink. So I’m thinking something is going wrong during the encoding process. I’m not getting any error message or anything. It encodes after about an 1 1/2 - 2 hours then says it’s ready to burn.

do the files play fine before you run them in dvd santa?

do the output files play before you burn them?

have you already paid for it?

yes they all play fine on VLC media player. And yes I have already paid for it. I tried out the demo and first the first time I had sucess with a program so I went ahead and bought it. I just can’t understand why it stopped working. All my movies are AVI. Is there a better program than DVD Santa to encode my movies? One that is not very expensive or possibly free?

One that is not very expensive or possibly free?

i like FAVC. here is the download and here is a guide.

here is the contacts for dvdSanta.
http://www.dvdsanta.com/contact.html

I’ve already sent an e-mail to DVD Santa, but I haven’t received a reply. I downloaded FAVC, what setting do I need to use? Do I leave them the way they are?

please read the guide. and look over the F.A.Q. for PC DVD Writers. i know you may not understand alot of this stuff but the only way to learn is to read and test some more.

i like HC Encoding

did you install ImgBurn?

if the files dont work with favc probably the source is bad.

There is a file that download with it that says imagburn, is that what you are talking about? i also downloaded the 2 requirements.

Two requirements:

1. Must have Avisynth v2.56a, or later, installed. (2.57 Recommended.) Download
  2. Must have the .NET framework Version 2 installed. Download

ok imgburn is what i suggest using. there is alot of information you are going to need to learn if you are serious about converting and burning dvds. will take some time to get used to. hope you can piece it all together.

for now just read over the favc guide, use HC encoder, use imgburn and get some quality dvd media. [U]dont burn any faster than 8x[/U].

if you need help let us know

ok, i will try all of this. THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping me. Hopefully i can figure it all out. If not you’ll probably be hearing from me again .

[QUOTE=hbowen;2093067]ok, i will try all of this. THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping me. Hopefully i can figure it all out. If not you’ll probably be hearing from me again .[/QUOTE]

let us know if you have success as well

I will

Well i tried it and it didn’t work, still having the same problem. Do i need to uninstall something and reinstall? Am i missing something? I just don’t know. What all do I need besides FAVC & Imgburn?

what media are you using? what is your writing speed you are using?

what media are you using? what is your writing speed you are using?
as said above “don’t burn faster than 8x”

what doesnt work? the conversion? the burn? dvd doesnt play?

…DVD player it plays in fast forward.

if both programs dont work then id guess bad source or your dvd player doesnt like the dvds. do you have another player to test? anytime ive used FAVC i get great results. sorry

What all do I need besides FAVC & Imgburn?

did you read the guide

I tried using FAVC & Imgburn and it’s still doing the same thing. I still think it has to do with the encoding. All of the burning programs are saying something is wrong with the file.