Trouble burning DVD

I have created a slideshow using Microsoft Photo Story 3. I can burn it to a DVD, but there is always one place where it hangs, stammers and will not continue. I can usually keep trying til I fast forward past it. Can this be caused by stuff running in the background? If so, what do I need to cut off? If not, then what? I’ve used up 3 discs so far trying to get one. It does not hang in the same place each time, but always at the beginning. Towards the end, it does fine. No glitches at all. ???

What brand of DVD’s are you using? What burn speed are you using?
If you know the make and manufacturer of your DVD burner and what program are you using to burn the disk. If you can tell us what OS and some computer specs it would be helpful.

DVD+R from Office Depot.

Windows XP Media Edition

Sonic DVD for Photo Story 3 Version 1.1.1

Under settings before you select BURN DVD on the Photo Story page it says:

PROFILE: NTSC ((720X480) (Our DVD player is NTSC compliant…I checked that to be sure)

FILE TYPE: Windows Media Video (WMV)

Bit rate: Variable (Quality: 98)

Aspect ratio: 3:2

The total project is 98.4 MB.

Write speed is AUTO

I was originally having trouble burning the DVD, but downloaded a patch which seems to have fixed that. It does burn it, but as stated earlier, the first part of it just hangs and jerks and won’t continue til you FF past that part.

I’m not familiar with the Sonic software but does it allow you to select a write/burn speed, i.e. 8X-12X-16X? If so, choose 8X. Many people would suggest you try a different brand of DVD. Verbatim, made in Taiwan, is one highly recommended (I use them). Also, if you have any DVD viewing software on your PC, try previewing the finished project before you burn if the Sonic software allows it.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2205245]I’m not familiar with the Sonic software but does it allow you to select a write/burn speed, i.e. 8X-12X-16X? If so, choose 8X. Many people would suggest you try a different brand of DVD. Verbatim, made in Taiwan, is one highly recommended (I use them). Also, if you have any DVD viewing software on your PC, try previewing the finished project before you burn if the Sonic software allows it.[/QUOTE]

It my be that all you need to do Is clean your dvd player

I do not have the option of choosing a speed…AUTO is all there is. I can view the slideshow on the computer in Windows Media Player and also in the media part of my computer called Media as well as in preview mode of the Photo Story software. It plays just perfectly…no glitches at all. I will try the suggestion of cleaning the DVD player (although I’ve had no trouble playing any other DVDs) and will also purchase a different brand of DVD. Anyone have any other suggestions???

Then use a better burntool like Imgburn.