Trouble burning dual layer dvd

Sounds like a progressive hardware failure occurring.

[QUOTE=Mordorr;2087995]
Also, i see DVD +R, bur as DVD RW:sad::confused::doh:
[/QUOTE]

If this is happening with your LiteOn, I’ve seen other LO drives here with the same symptoms (minaelromany owned two IIRC).

So if that’s the case, I’d agree with Albert…possibly time for a new drive.

Yep…i must agree…

OFF:

Whats the best Lite by now?

I love this one burning Verbatim -R, and som +R…

Tks,

[quote=Mordorr;2088029]Whats the best Lite by now?[/quote]http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/best-liteon-dvd-writer-247094/

Tks.

I did reinstall Jm36 drivers…and NeroInfotool says its OK the DMA…

I did have also a bada Burn with Plextor…

Da,mmm

Tks!:flower:

Here’s a similar problem, but with MKM 003:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/pros-cons-updating-blv3-lh20a1l-250222/

so i bought a new drive the other day but, alas, i still can’t get dual layer to work!

the drive is a Pioneer DVR-115D and i’m using windows xp. media is Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5gb.

i have tried 4 different burns of different files and get the same result every time - great results on discspeed until i hit the 50% mark after which a get a HUGE spike and the test stops working.

i used nero 8 and Imgburn indifferent tests.

where am i going wrong?! :sad:

Pioneer is not exactly recommended here for disc scanning - better to use LiteOn or BenQ for that purpose.

You can run a Transfer Rate Test on your Pioneer, though. :slight_smile:

what does that mean? that the pioneer is no good? that discspeed isn’t compatible with it? etc?

ok. so here it is… any good?

[QUOTE=derekforreal;2115970]what does that mean? that the pioneer is no good? that discspeed isn’t compatible with it? etc?

ok. so here it is… any good?[/QUOTE]

Like [B]Arachne[/B] already told you, Pioneer drives are not recommended; I’d say useless; for quality scanning purposes.

The TRT is fine, no drawbacks.

[QUOTE=chef;2116004]Like [B]Arachne[/B] already told you, Pioneer drives are not recommended; I’d say useless; for quality scanning purposes.

The TRT is fine, no drawbacks.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.