Trouble burning Dual Layer discs

vbimport

When I try burning to a DL disc I get this error message:

VSO Inspector shows the media as being good:

VSO Inspector also shows that the drive should write to the media:

[b]Can anyone tell me what the error message means? Also, any hints as to what I might be doing wrong? I just updated the firware for the burner so I doubt that has anything to do with it. I’d appreciate any help. Thanks a lot.

…Gord[/b]

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

What software are you using?
I use DVD Decrypter, and have never had a problem…
Good luck!

Edit:
oops! Just realized this is a VSO software (never heard of) forum, and probably not supposed to mention another brand here. Sorry… I’ll try to watch out for that.

that error likely means your burner’s firmware does not support that media code see if there is a newer firmware for it maybe it will fix it then again maybe not and youll need to get another media brand,the only reason vso inspector identifies it is cuz it have its own database
if youll try it with another software that doesnt have own database such as nero infotool ftp://ftp6.nero.com/InfoTool.zip youll see it wont fully recognize it,anyway i read in several threads that media code plain suck and regardless to that you should stay away from ritek medias they are no good

Thanks for the tip. Downloaded InfoTool and get nearly the same results. One difference is that it says the Capacity is n/a. Does this mean for some reason that it’s just Not Available or that the disc is toast?

Just downloaded the newest firmware this morning and it didn’t make any difference. Any other ideas?

…Gord

Maybe your writer is not compatible with Ritek DL media, did you try other brands like Verbatim?

Thanks again to everybody for helping. Turns out the problem was the discs. I tracked down a Verbatim disk and it worked right away. :smiley: :smiley:

…Gord

HELP WHEN I TRY AND BURN MY ISO IMAGE ONTO DL+ DISC I GET AN ERROR THAT SAY’S:Burn data process done with error : “WRITER ERROR [MEDIUM ERROR (SESSION FIXATION ERROR WRITING LEAD-IN)]” OR IF I USE OTHER SOFTWARE IT THEN SAY’S:could not perform end of disc-at-once burn process failed at 2.4x MY DRIVE IS A MSI DUAL LAYER BURNER AND THE SOFTWARE I USE WAS NERO AND BURN 4 FREE. PLEASE HELP

try to change media, perhaps

Hi,

After reading several forums, here’s the gold rule when it comes to Dual Layer.

Get Verbatims, NOTHING ELSE !

Ritek, Memorex are just gonna cause you headackes !

Did I mention, get Verbatims ? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I made 18 copies of a travelogue for my travel companions on Verbatim DL discs and they all played perfectly on a variety of DVD players. :flower: I used VSO’s CopyToDVD for automatically calculating the layer break and producing an ISO file. Burning of the ISO file was done with Plextools on a Plextor PX-760A (CopyToDVD doesn’t support Autostrategy).

Lou

I found that LG burners are the best ones for burning DL of any kind. I’ve owned Plextor, Sony, Benq, Liteon and had nothing but problems burning DL discs. My LG will burn any brand of DL discs and plays back in my stand alone DVD player. I just picked up another LG Burner Serial ATA from Best Buy for $49.99.

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know.

I use to love my LG-4040B (2x) burner in the past. But it to to burn too slow and didn’t like the new 16x medias etc…

When I bought a new one, at the time, I was not sure between an new LG or a NEC, and the choice went to NEC-3550a.

I may relook at LG again for my next purchase,

Thanks !