Trouble backing up Sim City 4 Deluxe

vbimport

Please help I’m at my wits end!!! I have a NEC DVD/RW 2510A and I have tried burning it with CloneCD 5.1 and Alcohol 120% 1.9.2 using the SafeDisk 2/3 settings read 4x DAO 96, fast skip error blocks, read sub channel data. I have now gone through 4 discs. They burn, and they install perfectly, but it won’t play the game. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Renholder and welcome to the forums,

I belive CloneCD 5 is best for this title seeing as it is SafeDisc 2, so when running the copy you burned off of CloneCD, ensure that the CloneCD tray is running ‘Slysoft’, ‘CloneCD’ and then ‘CloneCD Tray’. There should be an option for ‘Hide CD-R Media’ there, make sure its checked, if its greyed out, restart your PC, and then try running the game again.

Good luck.

sigh… nope… still didn’t work. I only get as far as the pic of the Bridge before the game starts. The original disc works fine. But the burned discs get as far as that pic and then it quits.

Try your image in a virtual drive, but don’t use virtual clonedrive. Use something like daemon tools or alcohol 52%, google it.

Hmmm… still didn’t work, also, since last night I have determined that my copy of this game has SafeDisk v2.9 I have not heard anyone mention this version, should I treat it the same as 2.8? Could it be my settings be set for 2.8 and not 2.9 while burning the disc that are holding me back? Thanx

CloneCD is fine for SafeDisc 2.9. I don’t get it, nearly all images work IF ripped correctly, are you sure you read yours correctly? Have you fiddled with any of the settings? Try un-installing CloneCD, then re-installing it, then try ripping the CD, but don’t change any settings, and read at 4x. If your image doesnt work from a virtual drive when its SafeDisc v2.9, I doubt it would work correctly when its burnt. But as I said re-install then re-rip.

Good luck.