Trouble backing up Invader Zim Vol 1 Disc 1

I am trying to back up Invader Zim Volume 1 Disc 1 and I started out using CloneDVD 2 and got to the step where it analyzes the movie and you select the audio streams that you want to use. It gets to 60% and then just stops. I also tried it in DVD Shrink and got a cyclic redundancy error. I then tried DVD Decrypter and got an error that said to check the media.I figured that the DVD was scratched so I got another one but the new copy does the same thing. Disc 2 from both cases has backed up just fine so I am just wonderiing if there is some kind of protection on it or what. What do you guys think?

I think you should use AnyDVD to descramble the CSS codes, or Use the freeware DVD decrypter to copy the dvd movie to your hard drive without the css codes.

possible the burner’s lens is dirty…does this only do this with invader zim?

I have burned several movies afterward. I have tried to use AnyDVD or CloneDVD wouldn’t have worked and I said in the post that I have tried DVD Decrypter. I don’t understand why it is only the first disk because I have backed up all the other ones.

“…and got a cyclic redundancy error.” “I then tried DVD Decrypter and got an error that said to check the media.”

Both programs have told you it cant read the DVD and the disk is at fault.

This is due to a dirty/scratched/or badly made DVD. Clean the dvd with some Alcohol and a soft tissue and try ripping to your HD with DVD Decrypter in File mode. Any deep scratches may need to be polished out.

i’m having the same problem copying the dvd.
this comes up…

can anyone help me?

email me please!
toomuchrice@gmail.com

It means the DVD has a scratch on it. I took some Windex and cleaned the underside of the DVD and tried again. If that doesn’t work, you just can’t copy the disc.

i don’t think that it’s the surface cause there’s no scratches at all.

Mine backed up fine with Nero and any dvd. I have several burners and a dvd drive so if I get those kind of problems I try a different drive as some rip better then others. I got mine when it was first released so who knows, maybe a pressing problem with later batches.

This weekend I too tried to make a backup copy of Invader Zim Vol 1 Disc 1, and see the same issue. Using Anydvd (latest ver) and CloneDVD2. Have tried others and can not get a backup. The other Zim disks backup fine. it is just an issue with Disc 1.

Have inspected the DVD and there is no scratchs on it.

I am having the exact same issue. The DVD has no scratches on it. I am using the latest version of AnyDVD with DVD Decrypter to rip it to an image file. Between 46% and 47% it gets read errors and can’t continue. When I actually play that portion of the DVD, it plays just fine.

Can someone please explain this to me? Everyone seems to be having problems with this disc so IT IS NOT an issue with the DVD’s surface. How can we successfully back it up?

Please post your drive model if you have succefully done so.

I am having the same problem, but with Volume 3 Disk 6. DVD Decrypter says something about checking the condition at 54%. I have tried DVD Shrink, DVDFab Passkey, DVDFab Decrypter, and AnyDVD. I CAN’T EVEN PLAY THE DVD AT ALL!!! I have tried 3 different video decoders, and none of them have worked. I have tried a using a second drive, but it refuses to recognize the disk. It just sat there for five minuets, with the light blinking, before I gave up and ejected the disk. Someone at Nickolodean/Anime Works screwed something up real bad. Its too bad, because this disk contains my favorite episode (the jolly boots of doom). I just got these disks, and was especially looking forward to this episode :sad:.

Of course, I have check the condition of the disk several times!

Edit: wow I didn’t even realize how old this topic is! And I still can’t decrypt the disk!

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2554838]I am having the same problem, but with Volume 3 Disk 6. DVD Decrypter says something about checking the condition at 54%. I have tried DVD Shrink, DVDFab Passkey, DVDFab Decrypter, and AnyDVD.[B] I CAN’T EVEN PLAY THE DVD AT ALL!!! [/B]I have tried 3 different video decoders, and none of them have worked. I have tried a using a second drive, but it refuses to recognize the disk. It just sat there for five minuets, with the light blinking, before I gave up and ejected the disk. Someone at Nickolodean/Anime Works screwed something up real bad. Its too bad, because this disk contains my favorite episode (the jolly boots of doom). I just got these disks, and was especially looking forward to this episode :sad:.

Of course, I have check the condition of the disk several times!

Edit: wow I didn’t even realize how old this topic is! And I still can’t decrypt the disk![/QUOTE]
Hi TSJnachos117

If you are unable to play the original DVD then most like it has damaged or bad sectors, however you can try cleaning the DVD.

Below is a simple guide that may or may not help but is something to try :smiley:

[B]SJ.[/B]

I did that before posting, and the fact that it didn’t work makes me sad. I guess that my only option is to get another copy.