Trouble backing up 2510a firmware

Is there a special method to backup the 2510a firmware. Using the conventional means by following the “Idiots Guide to updating your NEC2500A firmware” thread doesn’t seem to work for me.
I have tried both version 1.00 and 1.01 of the dangerous bros nec2x00a flasher but the same thing happens.

My setup is as follows:
nec2510a located on Secondary ide channel and set to Master
writing to hardrive c:
ec (where the nec2x00a.exe file is located)

What happens is that when I execute this command
nec2x00a -sec -mas -out 2510a.bin
there is a brief 1 second pause then this message appears underneath

NEC ND2x00A Flash Toolkit, Ver 1.01
Coded by the Dangerous Brothers, Vlad & Igor

but it doen’t seem to write anything as the only thing in the C:
ec directory is nec2x00a.exe

Any help would be much appreciated as I have wasted enough time trying to get it to work :bow:

That’s true - I’ve try it for you under windows DOS emulation.
You must use REAL DOS.

SHuya,

try the statement:

nec2x00a -sec -mas -out c:
ec\2510a.bin

and

NEC2X00A -sec -mas -flash c:
ec\2510A221.BIN

@Bonzer
It still does not work using the command:

nec2x00a -sec -mas -out c:
ec\2510a.bin

Same thing happens as before.
I think you are right bonzer, as you stated in the other thread that the flasher defaults to writing to a:\ internally. I guess I can’t back it up unless I replace my floppy. Thank you for the help though as I now know I have done everything I possibly can except for buying a new floppy drive.

@DVD Boost
I have tried it under REAL DOS as I assume that is when you press F5 as the computer is booting up and selecting “Safe mode - Command Prompt”. Same thing happens, no success.

The DOS utility saves the BIN file to whichever directory it resides in itself.
Copy and run the utility from a location on your harddrive and it will then save the backup into the same directory.

No, I meant REAL DOS.

This is, if you restart the computer with a DOS startup disk. F5/F8 is stil DOS emulation.
Just make a DOS bootable diskette under WinXP, as I explained here , post #16 (it’s easyest way).
Later use the hard disk if you prefere. You don’t need to delete EGA files from the diskette if you’re gonna use the hard disk.