Tropics Drive Killing MCC003's

vbimport

These are burns and scans from a crappy batch i received from member tropic.

All of these are PAH705KH21093828 BZ ZD3606-DVR-X47B Silver shiny

tropic says they are CMC’s but i have no original packaging.

First up are three 8x tests with the drives info in Nero CD-DVD Speed.

Then three 12x tests with drives info in Nero CD-DVD Speed

This is for tropic and mine reference mainly.

cont…

cont…

12x cont…

cont…

cont.

I might burn a few more with some different drives…

Interesting scans Bob, did you and tropic have a conversation in the forum about these discs somewhere you point me to? I obviously missed it :slight_smile:

I would be interested to read about it.

Thanks

Can I ask what this is about?

From what I can see, it looks like you have some conflicting scans VS TRT results. High speed scans will even things up.

After the last burn posted here and scan with one of my BenQ 1655’s it is dead now. It opens and closes but will not recognize a blank or burned disc. Coincidence?

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2081561]Can I ask what this is about?

From what I can see, it looks like you have some conflicting scans VS TRT results. High speed scans will even things up.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2081549]Interesting scans Bob, did you and tropic have a conversation in the forum about these discs somewhere you point me to? I obviously missed it :slight_smile:

I would be interested to read about it.

Thanks[/QUOTE]MegaDETH it was discussed in chat here. Long story short…tropic could not get these to burn worth a crap and offered to send them to me. He has a dead drive also from his testing…

After sleeping and thinking about this extraordinary phenomenon i’ve decided not to try anymore of these discs. I’m deffenantly not going to put anymore of them in [B]my [/B]drives.

Albert seems to be interested in being the next victim :bigsmile:

I have quite good luck with discs. If I didn’t live in the UK, I’d quite like to be a “victim” too :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2081761]I have quite good luck with discs. If I didn’t live in the UK, I’d quite like to be a “victim” too :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]It’s not the burning of these blanks Lin…it’s the result of a dead drive afterwards :flower: and yeah if you were closer i’d send you a few also with a note i’m not responsible for damaged drives of course lol

Edit:
hmmmm I thought this thread title described this perfectly :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Bob;2081765]It’s not the burning of these blanks Lin…it’s the result of a dead drive afterwards :flower: and yeah if you were closer i’d send you a few also with a note i’m not responsible for damaged drives of course lol

Edit:
hmmmm I thought this thread title described this perfectly :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I know ;)…and I’ve got a spare Sammy sitting in the wings :wink:

And actually, the thread title could be taken that tropic’s drive is killing MCC003 also :flower:

Well at any rate i told him i would post my results/findings. I would have rather not have lost one of my BenQ’s to this and i almost didn’t use it for scanning…

I found out later when i stated testing the FTI samples i have here and went to use it for scanning one of them and it wouldn’t recognize the burned FTI but my other drives did. So put a different disc in it and still no go :sad:

[QUOTE=Bob;2081782]
I found out later when i stated testing the FTI samples i have here and went to use it for scanning one of them and it wouldn’t recognize the burned FTI but my other drives did. So put a different disc in it and still no go :sad:[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Bob, cross-flash the drive to a 1650, and then back again to a 1655. See if that fixes the problem.

Have you cold-booted your computer since the problem arose (shut down, wait one-minute, then power-on)? If not, do that.

If the BenQ is in an enclosure, power the enclosure off or unplug it, wait one minute, then power it on again.

No i didn’t cross flash it but yes my rig was off for 10+ hours, booted it up and i checked it again and still no go.

I took it out and put my other 1655 in. I’ll mess with it some other day. Thanks

8 or 9 of these discs left and they are going to another member to play with.

I’ve read stories here about discs killing drives and thought yeah right but now…I hope it’s just a coincidence.

[QUOTE=Bob;2082388]8 or 9 of these discs left and they are going to another member to play with.

I’ve read stories here about discs killing drives and thought yeah right but now…I hope it’s just a coincidence.[/QUOTE]You and me both, brother. :eek: