Trojan "New Malware.bl" In DVDFabPlatinum5

Ok i may have posted this in the wrong place. If so im sorry, someone please direct me to the proper forum and i will go there.

I just purchased this software on Feb 22, 2009. I used it once since it was installed. Today during my weekly virus scan of my machine this was detected “New Malware.bl” by McAfee and the file was quarantined. The result is now the software will not run.

I have two concerns here…One that this file has been detected as a trojan, and two now the software does not work!

The program was downloaded right from the www.dvdfab.net website so no third party was involved that i know of.

So does anyone have any info on this issue?

Thank you
pjrigger

Moved to the DVD Fab forum.

[quote=pjrigger;2229204]Ok i may have posted this in the wrong place. If so im sorry, someone please direct me to the proper forum and i will go there.

I just purchased this software on Feb 22, 2009. I used it once since it was installed. Today during my weekly virus scan of my machine this was detected “New Malware.bl” by McAfee and the file was quarantined. The result is now the software will not run.

I have two concerns here…One that this file has been detected as a trojan, and two now the software does not work!

The program was downloaded right from the www.dvdfab.net website so no third party was involved that i know of.

So does anyone have any info on this issue?

Thank you
pjrigger[/quote]
Hi pjrigger
The program may have gotten corrupt during the download process, please delete the install package you have and do a clean uninstall following the guide below in my signature make sure you use the guide that is related to your operating system.
after you do the uninstall process make sure you run a registry cleaner, CCleaner is very good and free make sure you set it to clean the Prefetch folder to make sure all references to DVDFab has been remove.
Then re-download from dvdfab.com, NOT the .net website

No further response from you on your issue is a good sign :bigsmile:

On top of what StormJumper said I would like to add that McAfee gives you false positives on a lot of stuff and I would recommend getting rid of it for a better anti-virus protection.