Trojan Horse in 5.0.8.5

vbimport

I have just downloaded DVDFAB 5.0.8.5 from the link in the 4th “read first” post above but my anti virus has detected a “trojan horse generic 11.men” in “crashrpt.dll” and will not install it. Help please.

Turn off your anti-virus and install it then go into settings and turn off the crash report in “General”. Then fire up your anti-virus and see how i acts.

Try installing the latest version, look in the DvdFab sub Forum for it, 5.0.8.8.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-8-8-beta-out-250905/

Make sure you download it from the Fab Website or the link in this forum, then add DVDFAB.exe to the whitelist in your A/V program. This is a false positive. I run Kapersky Internet Security, its updated hourly and I have no no such report.

As I said, I downloaded the file from this forum.

I am running AVG Free Edition and do not know how to exclude DVDFAB from its scanning. I tried entering the DVDFAB folder path into “Exceptions” but that failed to work. Anyone know how to work AVG?

I got the same problem with 5.0.8.5.

When I install 5.0.8.8, the installer crashes and AVG reports this virus. :sad:

I did a search for that trojan on Google and don’t get any hits.

What info is displayed when clicking on “more information about this threat”?

Just had the same issue. Have used this version previously with no problems. So I would guess AVG free has added something in the newest update that is seeing the crash report as a trojan horse.
Open AVG control panel by double clicking on your AVG icon in the task bar.
Then open Resident Shield.
Then select Manage exceptions at the bottom of the page.
Click on Add Path.
This will open showing your hard drive and other folders.
Click on your drive which you have DVDFab installed on.
Click on Program Files.
Click on DVDFab 5
Click Ok
It will set as an exception in AVG
This was done on Vista Home Basic not sure if XP will need other steps.
JOB

[QUOTE=Mike89;2114893]I did a search for that trojan on Google and don’t get any hits.

What info is displayed when clicking on “more information about this threat”?[/QUOTE]

We did not find any virus in the Virus Encyclopedia. Please try to use a more generic name at least 3 characters long.
:confused:

Hi All
Cannot use dvdfab 5 at all with avg8 installed. Getting this application has failed to started because crashrpt.dll was not found reinstalling the application may solve the problem. It does not. Please help.
Thanks
The Zip

[QUOTE=zipper88;2114909]Hi All
Cannot use dvdfab 5 at all with avg8 installed. Getting this application has failed to started because crashrpt.dll was not found reinstalling the application may solve the problem. It does not. Please help.
Thanks
The Zip[/QUOTE]
Follow the instruction in post #8 and then install it again. It worked for me.

Got the same message from Norman Anti virus
called: W32/Malware.DNXO

Hi All
Did step 8.Still no results. Do I need to reboot? Dvd Fab 5 worked fine untill today. I have avg virus protect installed for 6 months. Why all of a sudden does it sense a virus. Come on!! Lets get a fix installed.
Thanks,
The Zip

My wife runs DVDFab Plat. 5.0.8.8 and she just installed it without a problem and she uses AVG Free as well although protective shield is new in version 8 and I bet it is still buggy? She just runs the AV part and didn’t install the new feature in AVG Free So disable that and try again since she had no problems.

i run full paid edition of avg with internet security suite had the same problem but did what the fourm said and no problems installing after i changed my allow list on avg , think i had more problem with dvdnextcopy than dvdfab when installing the programs …

Notify AVG - they are getting worse and worse (why should you have a prog on an exception list? After all, what happens if a virus actually infects it later?).

I changed to AVAST and couldn’t be happier - their customer service is fantastic, too.

Regards

dont know about the customer service because i have never had a problem using avast! 4 Home Edition
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

the free registration last 12 months looks like my time is up. will be getting a new one tonight. :slight_smile:

do what the last 2 guys said - delete AVG free & install AVAST ( also free).

( AVG7.5 was pretty good, but AVG 8 is slow & buggy- open several browser tabs at once with AVG link scanner running & your PC just grinds to a halt )

you can be pretty sure that the trojan report is a false positive, but you can get a 2nd opinion by running trend micro free house calls program. http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/

[QUOTE=JustOverBroke;2114898]Just had the same issue. Have used this version previously with no problems. So I would guess AVG free has added something in the newest update that is seeing the crash report as a trojan horse.
Click on Add Path.
Click on Program Files.
Click on DVDFab 5
Click Ok
JOB[/QUOTE]

Re: DVD FAB Products Discussion Thread

JustOverBroke
New on Forum

Add as Friend Re: Trojan Horse in 5.0.8.5

Just had the same issue. Have used this version previously with no problems. So I would guess AVG free has added something in the newest update that is seeing the crash report as a trojan horse.
Click on Add Path.
Click on Program Files.
Click on DVDFab 5
Click Ok
JOB

Well I have hand it to JustOverBroke. I Followed these instructions and I was able to get 5.0.8.8 installed on my PC. I still was unable to locate in GENERAL “CrASH REPORT” Thank you everyone for your assistance. And GregBoy I wasn’t hijacking a thread, I was asking for information on this problem. I still want to thank you.

Whats going on guys, there is too many people reporting this with different virus guard, mine is AVG 8 and was working fine on DVD Fab and Virus guard up until this morning.

Something funny going on with DVD Fab, guys are you going to advise?:confused: