Tring to teach myself need help and advice

vbimport

Ok, I am new to computer building and trouble shooting and I am trying to build a computer and I am not sure about somethings here.

I am using an MSI K8N Diamond Plus MOBO
AMD 4800+X2 (939) Processor
2-gig Corsair XMS PC3200
2-7950-GTX2 nVidia Cards
1-RaptorX SATA Drive
1-Sony DRU-800A (IDE)
Galaxy 1000w PSU
ThermalTake XaxerIII Chassis

I do not really understand on the setting up of the SATA Hard drive and the IDE DVD/RW. I know that I need to put the SATA Drive on the #1SATA Controller for the nVidia nForce Chipset, I got that, but do I put the IDE DVD/RW on IDE-1 or IDE-2 (Or dose it matter) and do I set it as Master/Slave/Cable Select? I have never “Built” a computer from scratch ,but I am just learning and having fun with it, but I am a little confused. I spend every cent I had from Tax Return to build lol, was tired of my Dell :a

Thank you for all your time and response to this.
Tyler

The SATA drive needs to go onto SATA conenction #1 (sometimes #0)

The IDE DVD Drive needs to go onto IDE #1 (somethings #0( whichever comes first ))

You need to use Master on the DVD Drive.
Master is set using the pins on the back of the hard drive and a jumper to connect 2 of them together. You will need to read the manual or look on the back of the drive for which ones to connect.

You can find some more info that may help at this website.

Thank you Womble for your time an fast response, I very greatly appreciate it. I will get her built today then! :slight_smile: looking forward to this computer.
Thanks again!
Tyler

[QUOTE=Torrak;2013941]Ok, I am new to computer building and trouble shooting and I am trying to build a computer and I am not sure about somethings here.

I am using an MSI K8N Diamond Plus MOBO
AMD 4800+X2 (939) Processor
2-gig Corsair XMS PC3200
2-7950-GTX2 nVidia Cards
1-RaptorX SATA Drive
1-Sony DRU-800A (IDE)
Galaxy 1000w PSU
ThermalTake XaxerIII Chassis

I do not really understand on the setting up of the SATA Hard drive and the IDE DVD/RW. I know that I need to put the SATA Drive on the #1SATA Controller for the nVidia nForce Chipset, I got that, but do I put the IDE DVD/RW on IDE-1 or IDE-2 (Or dose it matter) and do I set it as Master/Slave/Cable Select? I have never “Built” a computer from scratch ,but I am just learning and having fun with it, but I am a little confused. I spend every cent I had from Tax Return to build lol, was tired of my Dell :a

Thank you for all your time and response to this.
Tyler[/QUOTE]

Don’t forget while building your computer remember to consult your motherboard manual as I always tell people that should be your first source of information as to what can be put onto your motherboard. But if I recall right if you have a single device on the IDE cable you don’t need to set the jumpers…