Tried making a backup of my Sims 2 Open for Business

vbimport

I’ve been reading these forums for hours and have yet to find anything written in terms that us “special” people can understand.

Today I tried making a backup of my Sims 2 Open for Business disc (I lose my games constantly, so backups would be a god send) using CloneCD.

It seemed to work. It created the image and then told me to insert the cdr, it burned and it popped out. VIOLA, all done…Or so I thought.

I decided to test it out on a seperate computer that I hadn’t installed it onto yet. Figured a clean slate would be best for testing. It fully installed but now it says to insert the disc to play…even though it’s already in the drive.

I know this question has been answered plenty of times, but I need someone to explain it to someone who’s never done anything like this before. I would really appreciate it.

So far I know that there are different copy protections for different discs. I found out that the Sims 2 Open for Business uses SafeDisc 4.60.000…unfortunately this means nothing to me, lol.

Oh and let me just make sure but it is legal to make backups of games you already own, right? I hope so. If not, I’ll just go sit in the corner and cry for being a stupid newbie. I’m sorry. :frowning:

I will try a simple answer. As far as making backups of a disc you own, I believe it depends on where you live. I don’t think you will catch any heat from this site, as long as you own the originals. As far as making a working back up, some of that depends on your drive. It is likely that with certain software you can back up the data on the disc, but as for the protection, certain burners are much better at reading the protection,and then burning it back to a back up. You have made a disc that has all the data on it, and can be installed from, but when you go to run the game it looks for the protection scheme on the disc, and if your software or burner has not replicated this exactly, it won’t allow you to run the app.

Well shyucks. Thanks anyways. :doh:

Aha… but you can…
What you can do is create the image… and then burn that as data onto a disk… then emulate the image using a virtual drive…

Or use a mini-image. I think the site http://www.gamecopyworld.com/ might be very helpful to a lot of the people posting about trying to make back-ups of games!

The only Way i know how to get sims 2 open for business to work is with no cd this is how it works -

Download daemon tools and safe disk 4 hide
create an image of sims 2 ofb on cd clone

once it has finished making image

Open safe disk 4 and leave it open
Right click daemon tools
mount image which should be Sims2E3_1
quickly before it loads switch back to safe disk 4 hide and click on hide
it should run as normal with NO Cd

any questions just ask ?