Trial expired on 1.2.9.4 once installed

has anyone had the same problem, i uninstalled 1.2.8.4 to try the new version once installed i run it and it says trial has expired.

havent tried going back to 1.2.8.4 yet, really annoying as i want to copy a dvd with the latest version.

Originally posted by hajj_3

has anyone had the same problem, i uninstalled 1.2.8.4 to try the new version once installed i run it and it says trial has expired.

First of all, the right version numbers are 1.8.2.4 & 1.9.2.4 .

It’s sort fo weird that your version has already expired,
since according the v.1.8.2.4. release date, which is on 19.02.04,
there still should be 12 days ( out of 30 ) left for evaluation. :wink:

yeah, typo with the version numbers, but expired once i first started it, just wondered if anyone else had the same problem.

let just hope the final version works.

Mine expired early also. I am perplexed.

Yes I just installed 1.9.2.4 on a brand new computer and it work at first, then in setting everything up right with the computer I need to change the region time and the date was wrong …installed CDVD2 with the date as the 11th and it was really the 10th. When I changed it to the correct date and I tried CDVD2 sometime after, it said “time expired”.

At least I think that’s what triggered it. Is there a fix?

I don’t think so. That’s their protection against endless trials.
If the date is changed during the trial, the trial period stops. Almost all shareware publishers do it this way.

It doesn’t really help you, but next time just set up everything correct before you install any trials. :wink: