"Trenderdia" (virus)

vbimport

Hi everyone. I have a weird situation,
I bought a new PC, and from about 3-4 days, there is a virus called “Trenderdia” (trojan horse probably)
If I want to view web-pages, through Mozilla Firefox - for eg. if I type in google.co.uk there is a message:

Microsoft Security Center

Alert : Your computer have been attacked by spyware or viruses!

Please download AntiSpyware to fix.

[LEFT]and i cannot view any sites, there few (as you can see this one)
If i click on Download AntiSpyware Now, it will scan my computer, the message will show: [/LEFT]

Scan Result : Your Computer have been attacked by “Trenderdia”.

Buy and Download AntiSpyware Now To Fix It in 3 Minutes.
SAVE 50%!
Now Only $39.95
Unlimited Time and Computers Offer!

[LEFT]any ideas?

And there is a message which shows:
“You’ll be dead in next month”

Please help me.

Regards, Adrian[/LEFT]

It’s a scam.
Don’t believe it.

Dialysis 1 is correct. Its a scam to buy a poor anti spyware program. I originally thought the whole post was spam but now I believe it was a poor decision on my part and adrian756 was just letting us know his experience. :wink:

@ adrian756: clean all your cookies and cache and that should take care of your problem.

Here’s a link for a similar program scam.
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/107193

[quote=adrian756;2146831]Hi everyone. I have a weird situation,
I bought a new PC, and from about 3-4 days, there is a virus called “Trenderdia” (trojan horse probably)
If I want to view web-pages, through Mozilla Firefox - for eg. if I type in google.co.uk there is a message:

[B]Microsoft Security Center[/B]

Alert : Your computer have been attacked by spyware or viruses!

Please download AntiSpyware to fix.

[LEFT]and i cannot view any sites, there few (as you can see this one)
If i click on Download AntiSpyware Now, it will scan my computer, the message will show:

[/LEFT]

[B]Scan Result : Your Computer have been attacked by “Trenderdia”.[/B]

Buy and Download [B]AntiSpyware[/B] Now To Fix It in 3 Minutes.
SAVE 50%!
Now Only $39.95
[I][B]Unlimited Time and Computers Offer![/B][/I]

[LEFT]any ideas?

And there is a message which shows:
“You’ll be dead in next month”

Please help me.

Regards, Adrian[/LEFT]
[/quote]

That AntiSpyware thing is a scam for sure.

IF you can still get to other websites, here’s what I suggest (I just rid my system of Trojan Horses of the Generic11 variety that were bundled with legit programs that showed clean on the initial pre-scans with AVG and Spybot S&D) you do:

1. Download Trinity Rescue Kit, the most recent beta version (3.3, build 321). When you get it, burn the ISO to a CD. Then reboot your computer and go into setup (press DELETE to enter) and under advanced setup options (or whatever section where you can alter the boot sequence of your drives), set your 1st boot device to one of your CD/DVD drives and make 2nd/3rd devices “disabled” with other boot devices set to ‘no.’ Hit F10 to save, then open the tray and insert the CD. If it doesn’t detect your CD the first time (as it didn’t on mine with XP SP3), press reset on your computer, then select the “alternate boot 1” from the TRK list and it should detect your CD and CD/DVD drives. Once to the command prompt with the blinking cursor, type (without quotes) “virusscan -a avg”; this will update the avg command line scanner loaded into memory then start scanning your system when the update finishes. The scan will likely take about 45 minutes, and it will list any locations it finds and eradicates Trojan Horses from (perhaps your Windows/system32 and System Volume Information directories). It will tell you how many Trojans it cleaned and rid your system of. You can then press reset, eject the CD, go back into setup by pressing DELETE and reset your boot devices to their original order, then saving with F10. Then…

2. Go to www.filehippo.com and d/l SuperAntiSpyware. You can use a utility inside it to boot your computer to safe mode. However, first follow the instructions from post #2 on how to configure SuperAntiSpyware on the scanning before having it boot to safe mode to run the scan. Depending on the number of files on your computer, the scan will take about 3.5 hours (it did on my 1.8 ghz Duron processor machine) and will also clean any Trojans in the registry, memory and files. It’s an excellent program for freeware.

I used these steps to clean my computer of Trojans, so good luck! Hope it works well for you and solves your problem. Of course, it wouldn’t hurt to rerun the AVG from the TRK package after 1 day has passed to be sure, since the more recent antivirus defs should help allay any fears and help reassure you the computer is now clean. :slight_smile:

It is better known as [B]“Scareware”[/B]

BTW if you want you can always go to the Symantec online security check website and run the FREE scan :bigsmile:

True…one can scan using Symantec’s online service, but in my experience that doesn’t catch nearly as much as AVG. Plus, the Trinity Rescue Kit will have AVG (with free update while running from memory) is free and SuperAntiSpyware from filehippo.com is as well. :bigsmile:

To each their own, it is a users choice world we live in :cool:

For sure. I don’t debate it’s free and to any who have never had a single virus infection with Norton, that’s great and I hope the trend continues. I unfortunately had one in 2003 that got past both my Norton AV AND my ZoneAlarm Pro: it disabled both and killed everything. After that experience, I’ve never had a single problem with Trend Micro and then I later switched to AVG nor with a completely different firewall I use now.

I don’t use Symantec products because to me it is bloatware and my comment was just a suggestion to scan to ensure no infection was found and the warning is being displayed by scareware.
I use and run ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite, and have been for 9 years and have had no infections or security issues.

Have a nics day :flower: