Tray going in/out at random by it self (LG GGC-H20L)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GGC-H20L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi, I’m going mad here.
My brand new LG GGC-H20L BD player behave very strange. From day one the tray has it’s own life, going in and out by it self 1-5 times a minute.
My system is Windows Vista on a DELL Latitude 9150 w/ a PCI SATA-controller (VIA VT6421), the on boars controller didn’t work at all w/ the drive. I have replaced the drive, reinstalled the OS and tried all the PCI-slots w/ no luck. Could it be the controller? Read that VIA controllers could have problems w/ optical drives.
Could someone help me, please?

Best regards L. Kull

Looks like you have a possessed Blu-ray drive.
Step one: Text message the Pope and let him now that your drive is possessed and must be EXORCISED.
Step two: Go to the nearest Burger King and pick up at least two packets of Holy ketchup, take one packet and blot the surrounds of the drive. The second packet is for your personal consumption.

…but seriously, what have you been feeding your drive. It may simply have indigestion from crappy media. Take care of your drive and it will take care of you!

Welcome to the forum :stuck_out_tongue:

Could also be a hardware problem, did that drive come with the computer, if not, try taking it back and having it switched with another one!

:slight_smile:
Done it all… didn’t help…

The first thing I did was to switch the drive, didn’t help :confused:

Just installed same drive on my Dell 9200 and I am having the same problem. Drive opens and closes at random. Was hoping you found a solution. Don’t have a clue as to what is causing this,I have installed many drives and the is the first time this has ever happened. Would appeciate any help.
Thanks Rick

I installed a SATA PCI-controller w/ the Silicon Image controller (the only chip that worked for me) then it worked… Now I have replaced the computer w/ a new one, I’m using the ASUS P5Q-pro and the onboard SATA controller works great w/ the BD-drive.

[QUOTE=drlove;2241808]I installed a SATA PCI-controller w/ the Silicon Image controller (the only chip that worked for me) then it worked… Now I have replaced the computer w/ a new one, I’m using the ASUS P5Q-pro and the onboard SATA controller works great w/ the BD-drive.[/QUOTE]

Silicon Image PCI controllers are recommended for optical drives - anything else (usually) invites problems and issues.

I’m glad you solved the problem! :wink:

Thanks for the help that gives me some hope and a place to start.
Rick