Translating Mb to movie chapters

vbimport

Attached is a scan of a recent movie I backed up. Note the high PIF area at 3.0Mb. Does anyone know of a program that could tell me what movie chapter is at the 3.0Mb mark? That way I could go to that chapter, play it and quickly confirm if it plays OK. My STB DVD player is kinda picky. That 3.0Mb mark blip causes my player to skip an entire chapter. So I gotta make a new disk.

I’ve asked this before and was surprised at the lack of replys and the lack of views. Seems to me this would be something others have wanted or created. Right now to be sure the movie will play it has to be watched all the way through. Mostly I make my back ups and put them on the shelf (would think most others do this as well). It stinks to come back later and find out the movie skips an entire chapter…

Does ANYBODY have any thoughts/ideas on this?

Curt

Might be a bad disc and/or batch. Try burning another and see if it does it again.

No, no…I know it was bad. No problem there. I’m reburning it now. Please reread my question. It’s about something entirely different.

Curt

I know of no program. You would just have to go to around 2/3’s through the chapters and play from there AFAIK. Is that what you mean? Sorry i’m trying to understand.

Yeah-that’s what I’m after. I’m hoping to find a player (like PowerDVD or something) that would maybe show at the bottom of the screen the Mb location while the chapter was being previewed…then I could zoom in on where the error was and not watch the entire movie.

Curt