TRANSFORMERS revenge of the fallen

vbimport

Hello my name is Mike and i have a question about copying/burning a DVD.
I use DVD-FAB 6.0.7.0 which is the most recent and usually never have a problem until now.
The DVD is Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (i know "it’s not out yet!) well BLOCKBUSTER has a rule that says if another outlet breaks the street date than they will as well!

Well in this case the retailer was ZIA RECORDS in Phoeniz AZ,so i picked up a copy from BLOCKBUSTER.

Anyhoo, when i open the DVD in DVD-FAB “full disc” or “main movie” option i get the same reading. it is listing only one track and the track is only 2 seconds long and 5MB of data!

But when i look at “MY COMPUTER” it gives the name of the disc which is

TRANSFORMERS2 VANILLA and says the disc size is 7.82 GB!

Then when i open up the video TS folder in “MY COMPUTER” it says the it is 82.2 GB (that is not a typo!)

By the way this is NOT A BLU-RAY DISC this is an ordinary DVD.

It seems like this is some new and insidious COPYRIGHT PROTECTION but if it was DVD-FAB would not be able to open the disc at all but in this case it does, yet only shows the one track!

I have tried NTI-CD/DVD MAKER and POWER-PRODUCER but both programs say that the disc is CSS PROTECTED so i then downloaded
DVD REGION+CSS FREE and of course it does not support the previously mentioned programs!

So back to DVD-FAB i then tried to CLONE the disc,which only produces IO FILES without any ISO or IFO files. it also says that the file size is 7.62GB so i assume that a DUAL LAYER DISC is needed,which i used but it only creates a DATA-DVD!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thx,
Mike.

You need to check out the DVDFab part of the forum, this has been discussed and a fix.
Welcome to the forum, take the time and look around a bit you will find a lot of good info.

[QUOTE=darkstar5631;2452228]Hello my name is Mike and i have a question about copying/burning a DVD.
I use DVD-FAB 6.0.7.0 which is the most recent and usually never have a problem until now.
The DVD is Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (i know "it’s not out yet!) well BLOCKBUSTER has a rule that says if another outlet breaks the street date than they will as well!

Well in this case the retailer was ZIA RECORDS in Phoeniz AZ,[B]so i picked up a copy from BLOCKBUSTER.[/B]
Anyhoo, when i open the DVD in DVD-FAB “full disc” or “main movie” option i get the same reading. it is listing only one track and the track is only 2 seconds long and 5MB of data!

But when i look at “MY COMPUTER” it gives the name of the disc which is

TRANSFORMERS2 VANILLA and says the disc size is 7.82 GB!

Then when i open up the video TS folder in “MY COMPUTER” it says the it is 82.2 GB (that is not a typo!)

By the way this is NOT A BLU-RAY DISC this is an ordinary DVD.

It seems like this is some new and insidious COPYRIGHT PROTECTION but if it was DVD-FAB would not be able to open the disc at all but in this case it does, yet only shows the one track!

I have tried NTI-CD/DVD MAKER and POWER-PRODUCER but both programs say that the disc is CSS PROTECTED so i then downloaded
DVD REGION+CSS FREE and of course it does not support the previously mentioned programs!

So back to DVD-FAB i then tried to CLONE the disc,which only produces IO FILES without any ISO or IFO files. it also says that the file size is 7.62GB so i assume that a DUAL LAYER DISC is needed,which i used but it only creates a DATA-DVD!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thx,
Mike.[/QUOTE]

Hi darkstar5631
Welcome to the forum :flower:

Since you got your DVD from Blockbuster means you asking help on making a copy of a rented DVD which is again this forum rules :frowning:

[B]SJ[/B] :cop:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2452304]Hi darkstar5631
Welcome to the forum :flower:

Since you got your DVD from Blockbuster means you asking help on making a copy of a rented DVD which is again this forum rules :frowning:

[B]SJ[/B] :cop:[/QUOTE]
Please actually read the posts before commenting on them,thx.

Note i said because the “street date” was broken by another retailer it gave BLOCKBUSTER leave to sell them to or atleast that’s what i meant.

I bought the copy,BLOCKBUSTER cannot rent this movie until 10/20/09.

Hello,I try to do this thing with dvdfab 6.1.1.5, no dvdpath,main movie title 47.I do this with title 30 but skip the scene.I realy need help.I have i copy with write now,pleses…

disable path player and select title # 47 and it should work but only the main movie

[QUOTE=darkstar5631;2452307]Please actually read the posts before commenting on them,thx.

Note i said because the “street date” was broken by another retailer it gave BLOCKBUSTER leave to sell them to or atleast that’s what i meant.

I bought the copy,BLOCKBUSTER cannot rent this movie until 10/20/09.[/QUOTE]

I did read your post and the blockbusters in my area said their not selling the DVD’s at this time, and is why I made the reply.

[B]SJ[/B]

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2452328]I did read your post and the blockbusters in my area said their not selling the DVD’s at this time, and is why I made the reply.

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE] Ditto: I live in Az and they aren’t selling them also

I live in Canada and they not selling them as well, well they will be tomorrow though

Why would a retailer jeopardize their ability to obtain product before launch date by breaking street dates? Certainly not because another retailer did so, that would be the dumbest reason to do such a thing.

I’m inclined to call bullshit, however broken street dates are all too common.

The answer for the original poster can be found in the DVDFab forum discussions. If darkstar comes back to this thread, he should look there for solutions.

Regarding the pre-release sale: we have no means of verifying his story for this particular store, nor any means to deny it. Therefore the question is moot.

And we generally give the poster the benefit of a doubt, unless we have overwhelming proof to the contrary.

I see no reason to continue this thread in its current direction. If darkstar5631 wants to reopen the discussion, he can send me a pm with that request. Otherwise, I’m closing this one.