Transferring Wrestling VHS to DVD Help

Hey,

I’m new here and hoping someone can help me. I want to convert many wrestling tapes that I’ve videotaped over the years from VHS to DVD. I believe the easiest way to do it would be via DVD Recorder. The tricky part to most of them is that they last generally 3 hours.

Can anyone give me a good recommendation for what one to get. I’ve tried a Panasonic and Lite On before and both weren’t capable of keeping a pretty good picture for the 3 hour length of most of the shows. There were little pixels popping up all over the place. Is there a DVD recorder that would be good for this?

I’ve heard that JVC’s are good at keeping quality.

Any help is much appreciated.

hi i use a phillips dvd recorder to convert from vhs to dvd (mainly weddings and home movies of kids on holiday) the quality even on 4 hours or more is as good as vhs if not better .the panosonic is an excelent piece of kit also so i wonder if its your source vhs player or the disc type you are using that could be the problem. dvd-rw and dvd+rw are not stable in a lot of players try using dvd-r or dvd+r of a good quality ritek is a good mid range disc or verbatim at the higher end