well, i’ve read all the specs on my system, updated everything that needed to be updated, and im having problems with my transdermodes.
I tried every possible configuration on my drives, and nothing seems to work, so i ran out of options and someone told me about this place, and this is my last shot.
i’m running WinXP professional. i have a P4 1.5 Ghz machine, the mobo is an Intel D834HV, i have 1 GB of memory.
My drives are the following:
1 60GB WesternDigital WD600AB (running fine on UDMA Mode 5)
1 40GB Maxtor 6L040J2 (running in PIO <— my first problem)
1 HP CD-Writer 9100 (running normal in Multi-Word Mode 2)
1 LG CD-writer 8320B (running in PIO <---- Second Problem)
Well, the PIO ones are my problem, that transfer mode is SLOW, and i know they can support UMDA (at least the Maxtor HD) and the LG should run in Multi-Word. I tried changing the transfer modes on XP in Device Manager, and it didn’t work, changed it at the BIOS and didn’t work. They are running on 80 pin IDE cables like this:
Primary IDE: Master = LG, Slave = HP
Secondary IDE: Master = WesterDigital, Slave = Maxtor
i use to have them backwards, the HDs on Primary and the Burners on Secondary, but the Transfer modes were the same.
So, if you have an idea, or had this problem yourself, and know how to fix it, i would be grateful with you for the rest of my life and yours.
The Goose Has Spoken