Transfer rate test going above rated drive speed

Hi Guys,

I’ve just did a transfer rate test(my first :o ) using Nero CD Speed, but I couldn’t help notice that drive got up to > 18X speeds nearing the end of the test, however I’m using A BenQ DW1650 Drive which has got max read speed of 16X for DVD-R…Is there a bug somewhere :confused:

Also one more thing, I’ve upgraded my version of CDSpeed from 4.6 to 4.7.7 thinking it would solve this anomaly. Though the new version also got to > 18X speeds, but the scan was much better in 4.7.7…

Here are the scans…

With 4.6

With 4.7.7

So, is this expected or is something wierd going on here…?

Regards,

:eek:…wow, that’s an interesting one. My 1650 w/ BCDC doesn’t do that AFAIK. :slight_smile:

This is not expected; your drive must be on steroids or something! :eek:

Next questions: where’d you get 'em and how much were they? :bigsmile:

Hi :slight_smile:
Your drive is certainly getting a kick from something. :bigsmile:
Here’s my 1655 with a TRT using 4.7.7.3:

hmm…well if this not expected, then what could be possible 'cause :confused:
Also forgot to mention the drive is in external USB casing, maybe a cause?

hehe…its more than a year old drive w/ second grade MBI media :stuck_out_tongue:

Hehe :)…I would have thought having it in a USB enclosure would limit the read speed rather than make it faster, but there you go. :slight_smile:

That enclosure must be plugged directly into the national grid w/o transformer. :Z

lol, but it could be enclosure’s power supply feeding it more volts…overvolting :smiley:

Could be bug with CDspeed, especially with so much different results in 2 versions, any other s/w for doing TRT?

You could try DVDinfopro. There is a free edition.
http://www.dvd-recordable.org/wwwimgs/media/flash/dvdinfopro/index.htm

LOL :bigsmile:

How mine looks using DVDinfopro.

ok tried dvdinfopro, it goes to 15.3X max, w/ a slowdown near completion(as in cdspeed 4.60 scan)…guess CDspeed is buggy for me, the new version even more…

Thanx for the help zebadee :slight_smile:

BTW what do I make of this scan, is the disk reliable ? (sorry i’m new to all this)

What DVDinfoPro is reporting. Is what you’d expect when using an external setup.
But yes there would appear to be something of another bug here with CD/DVDSpeed.

No “TheMafioso” made the drive an offer it couldn’t refuse " :wink:

Reporting as in…which report?

its turning out to be CDSpeed instead of the drive :stuck_out_tongue:

I have seen many anomaly’s with CDSpeed but never that one. :disagree:

What I mean is that your external peak is a tad slower than my internal.
This is what you’d expect to see.
That’s all. :smiley:

Edit: Although that said your file is smaller. So another factor playing a part here too.

I’ve got my S183L up to 712 on a DL disc > here :eek: :bigsmile:

ok thanx