Transfer iPod content to a new pc

I realize this is probably not the correct forum to ask this question but it’s the only one I’m familar with so please forgive me.

My computer crashed recently forcing me to buy a new one. Included with the pain of reinstalling everything was iTunes - now obviously without a library. My iPod has over 60 movies 300-400 songs all from my own library - not purchased from the iTunes Store.

My question is: How can I (or can I) populate the new iTunes library with the existing content of my iPod (Classic) without having to reinstall everything on my iPod??

[quote=servtrkr;2205065]I realize this is probably not the correct forum to ask this question but it’s the only one I’m familar with so please forgive me.

My computer crashed recently forcing me to buy a new one. Included with the pain of reinstalling everything was iTunes - now obviously without a library. My iPod has over 60 movies 300-400 songs all from my own library - not purchased from the iTunes Store.

My question is: How can I (or can I) populate the new iTunes library with the existing content of my iPod (Classic) without having to reinstall everything on my iPod??[/quote]
Using iTunes 8.0.x in the Advanced Tab under Edit —> Preferences. Checkmark both “Keep iTunes Music Folder Organized” and “Copy to iTunes Music folder when adding to Library”. Next Select File —> Add Folder to Library and chhose your Ipod drive. Itunes should copy the files and add them to the library.