Transfer DVD FAB from old computer to new computer

vbimport

Can I transfer my “legacy” DVD FAB PLATINUM from my old computer to a new computer and give up my lifetime upgrades on my old computer?

I don’t see why not.

Sure, just download a new copy of Fab on the new computer and use your key on it. Then you can remove the copy from the old computer.

I tried that and it won"t run. 5060 starts to read the copied disk and then closes. I think it has to do with only one license per computer. This is a new problem I didn’t encounter until 5055 and later. Fengtao is there an answer?

I run it on both my XP Pro 32 bit and Vi$ta Ultimate 64 bit dual boot and have no problems. It’s the same pc in other words.

There are others that run the same key on 2 pc’s with no problems. Just not using it at the same time on both pc’s from what i understand.

Maybe you need to change a setting or something.

[quote=crtguy;2096486]I tried that and it won"t run. 5060 starts to read the copied disk and then closes. I think it has to do with only one license per computer. This is a new problem I didn’t encounter until 5055 and later. Fengtao is there an answer?[/quote] Did you try with the orignial disc ? There could be several factors here such as is the copied disk closed, brand of media and so forth

Hi crtguy,

You can transfer DVDFab from old computer to new one without any problem.

For upgrade, if your license is bought before May 8, 2008, you will get lifetime free upgrade.

To get new version, please download it from http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm and follow the instructions.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;2096905]Hi crtguy,

You can transfer DVDFab from old computer to new one without any problem.

For upgrade, if your license is bought before May 8, 2008, you will get lifetime free upgrade.

To get new version, please download it from http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm and follow the instructions.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

Thanks Fengtao but every time I download up to 5065 I get open DVD source when running original disc to copy and then program closes. I have tried clean uninstall and redownload with no success. Version 5050 works fine. Any suggestions?

Just a hunch but after a clean uninstall and reinstall you’ll probably need to reboot the computer to install the drivers and stuff prior to trying to make a backup.