Transcode MPEG 2 file's for capture card's

vbimport

This is for the DVD2ONE people to make a new program for people that capture from TV satellite dish or cable. To be able to capture as high as we want like 90000 CBR even if the file was a two hour movie and it came out to be seven gig’s to be able to transcode the file to make it small. This would be a great tool and I think alot of capture people would buy tis tool.

Yep–I think there would be a market for such.

This is allready possible with the current d2one.

Simply make your capture, then use your captured file and author your dvd using your favourite authoringtool and create the dvd-folder on harddrive, then use d2one to compress that dvd-folder.

You dont need to compress the captured file before you author the dvd.

I, too, would like to know how to do this. The only dvd authoring program I’ve ever used in MyDVD by Sonic, and it won’t allow you to make a DVD with more than 4.7 GB.

aha - I didnt think about that - it may be that not all, or maybe only a few authoringtools will actually allow that - Ill check it out and come back with a list of possibilities.

authoring the dvd is a pain to do. If I want to capture Star War’s with my Dazzle 2 or ATI ALL IN WONDER I capture at 9000 CBR the file’s for a two hour movie would be about 12gig’s then I would need another 20gig’s just to author the DVD then I would have to use DVD2ONE to make the file’s fit on a DVD-R. It would be best if there was a MPEG 2 transcoder. Would make life much better

Some more thing I would like to say about a mpeg 2 transcoder. It’s nice to have a MPEG2 file for back up’s so if you want to edit menus later or change thing you can for what ever reason you want the MPEG 2 file you have it.

Also it would even be really cool if a mpeg 2 transcoder had the option of author a DVD just like in DVD2ONE movie back mode it make the vob file’s and and four other file’s. This would be great for burning Movie that I get from Satellite dish.

Also thing that come from satellite dish have alot of commercials. To have a editter in this new program that after editting would take put the commercials then you would have the MPEG 2 file’s or the VOB file’s to burn a DVD

Also if a capture was to big would give option to split your capture too to DVD’s or two MPEG 2 file’s

And also would love full DVD authorrzing. And be able to make menu’s and stuff.

If DVD2ONE will make this program I would pay $100.00 dollars for it’s.

Originally posted by kcoleman
I, too, would like to know how to do this. The only dvd authoring program I’ve ever used in MyDVD by Sonic, and it won’t allow you to make a DVD with more than 4.7 GB.

ULead Movie Factory 2 will handle more than 4.7GB.